Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Word. I just killed Lord Shacklewrath first try and got a dope rear end bounty to sort through 1/15th at a time since inventory space is a tetris puzzle for some reason to make us feel smart as gently caress.

:black101:

Stay mad weeb cucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Path of exile is one of the best games ever made.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Word. I just killed Lord Shacklewrath first try and got a dope rear end bounty to sort through 1/15th at a time since inventory space is a tetris puzzle for some reason to make us feel smart as gently caress.

:black101:

Stay mad weeb cucks.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
new league tomorrow folks.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im hype

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

:hai:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it looks so fun. the new skills, melee changes. hell yes. i gotta work all day though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody else playing Season 17 of Diablo III.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Anybody else playing Season 17 of Diablo III.

No, sorry. Too busy watching season 17 of The Big Bang Theory.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Playing this for the first time tonight.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Haven't played in a while, having a lot of fun with all the new skills.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Playing this for the first time tonight.

I didn’t read any guides and just blindly stumbled through my first few characters and had a loving blast

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought Betrayal was the best possible PoE patch but Legion has proved me completely wrong. Melee feels so loving good now, and it might actually be able to compete with spells for clear speed now.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I thought Betrayal was the best possible PoE patch but Legion has proved me completely wrong. Melee feels so loving good now, and it might actually be able to compete with spells for clear speed now.

What are you playing? I started a duelist with cleave and bleed stuff but I’m getting owned in the first few levels

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

was betrayal the stupid web of criminals thing where guys would show up and oneshot you. that one sucked.

this league owns though. melee feels great but the skill tree also has a ton of improvements and new things to grab. im addicted, again lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

keep trying to level in act 1 but the game has been laggy as gently caress for two days and I keep getting DCd

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

im playing a duelist and im just copying Quin69s spec bc i have no idea what to do

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

going with some preset autism build is dumb imo. pick what looks cool. the tree is really good at guiding you towards a build, like how the melee trees split off into 1h/2h/archer etc. really early on it's not rocket science

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I did that with several characters in the last league but I want to do endgame stuff in legion and I’m not gonna level more than once

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i don't like how jacked yellow monsters have become, no sire

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

What are you playing? I started a duelist with cleave and bleed stuff but I’m getting owned in the first few levels

First build was occultist ED/contagion, but then I got a max roll facebreaker so I have a raider cyclone

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always home roll my builds but I do steal smarter peoples gearing and link ideas

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I always home roll my builds but I do steal smarter peoples gearing and link ideas

https://vocaroo.com/i/s15mVyd55vli

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLC5voGUp0I

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

at what point should I actually bother with using my currency items or doing any kind of crafting. im lvl45 in act 5 and i just went back to get my ascendancy class bc i didnt realize that was a thing i needed to do

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

at what point should I actually bother with using my currency items or doing any kind of crafting. im lvl45 in act 5 and i just went back to get my ascendancy class bc i didnt realize that was a thing i needed to do

orbs that turn a regular item into a magic item: carry them around with you and use them to upgrade strongboxes before you open them

orbs that turn a regular item into a rare item: use when you find a regular item with good gems

orbs that upgrade weapons/armor: these are pretty common, use them whenever you find something sweet that you expect to keep around for a lot of levels

orbs that reroll the color of sockets or the number of sockets/links: same as above but they're more rare and you need to know what combination of colors you're looking for. probably hold onto those until you're in the 60's or so and can use them to make something that'll get you through maps.

the weirder ones like regals/exalts/chaos/scouring are only really good if you are min/maxing late-game gear for doing maps and stuff. you need a ton of them and you need to know exactly what you're looking to build. otherwise just go onto poe.trade and use them to buy gear from people.

i never bothered with crafting so no idea there

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as far as normal crafting goes, you unlock recipes after rescuing Helena in act 2 or by unveiling items with Jun starting in act 9. They all cost currency to have, and your item can only have one mod crafted on unless you have the (very expensive) multiple mods allowed thing crafted on. theres various tiers of these crafted mods and they cost different amounts of currency. This is probably where your chaos orbs will go because you'll have like a decent rare that is missing a slot so you'll slap a resist or life or something on their and the better ones cost a few chaos or a divine to slap on. But mostly I just hoard anything better than alchemy orbs to trade with, or exchange for more fusings etc. Theres more complicated poo poo like fossils from delve but idk how it works

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sounds epic

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

little munchkin posted:

orbs that turn a regular item into a magic item: carry them around with you and use them to upgrade strongboxes before you open them

orbs that turn a regular item into a rare item: use when you find a regular item with good gems

orbs that upgrade weapons/armor: these are pretty common, use them whenever you find something sweet that you expect to keep around for a lot of levels

orbs that reroll the color of sockets or the number of sockets/links: same as above but they're more rare and you need to know what combination of colors you're looking for. probably hold onto those until you're in the 60's or so and can use them to make something that'll get you through maps.

the weirder ones like regals/exalts/chaos/scouring are only really good if you are min/maxing late-game gear for doing maps and stuff. you need a ton of them and you need to know exactly what you're looking to build. otherwise just go onto poe.trade and use them to buy gear from people.

i never bothered with crafting so no idea there

Larry Parrish posted:

as far as normal crafting goes, you unlock recipes after rescuing Helena in act 2 or by unveiling items with Jun starting in act 9. They all cost currency to have, and your item can only have one mod crafted on unless you have the (very expensive) multiple mods allowed thing crafted on. theres various tiers of these crafted mods and they cost different amounts of currency. This is probably where your chaos orbs will go because you'll have like a decent rare that is missing a slot so you'll slap a resist or life or something on their and the better ones cost a few chaos or a divine to slap on. But mostly I just hoard anything better than alchemy orbs to trade with, or exchange for more fusings etc. Theres more complicated poo poo like fossils from delve but idk how it works

gently caress yes dudes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

gently caress yes dudes.

This but unironically.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I had no idea you could upgrade strongboxes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had no idea you could upgrade strongboxes

Me neither. *googles what the hell a strongbox is*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

gently caress yes dudes.

In Training posted:

This but unironically.

I played this a little and it really is so complicated and stupid that it wraps around to being cool

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

I played this a little and it really is so complicated and stupid that it wraps around to being cool

I’ve played this off and on for years and kinda get bored with it but I just got to a point for the first time where my flask modifiers and knowing when to use them matters and I’m having to use a decoy totem and stuff and it is a lot more fun than I thought

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's one of those games that has a ton of stuff going on, but it tries to ease you into it slowly, so except for the giant skill tree you're kinda like 'is that it? really?' until you get to act 5 and all the bosses that are like 10 times as complicated as the first half of the game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I basically breezed along until I hit act 5 and started getting destroyed until i figured out the right way to use defensive flask buffs for elemental poo poo. That uh one boss I can't remember (the god king or something) just owned me repeatedly

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I play hardcore and I've been killed by almost everyone at least once except for Kitava I think. My hardest boss is the guy before him with the bullet hell holy gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

On that note I really hate the concept of that kind of boss in a Diablo game. Yeah Diablo is about thinking about the game but usually with the build. And the rest, as Synthy says, is like playing a top down Musou or whatever and I don't care about them making the game more Skilled. It's a RNG Fuckfest already man. Don't make it about that.