Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I just started getting these tarot cards and I have no idea what to do with them

if you collect a bunch with the same name, you can trade them in for an item

it takes forever to collect a set of anything though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

at what point should I actually bother with using my currency items or doing any kind of crafting. im lvl45 in act 5 and i just went back to get my ascendancy class bc i didnt realize that was a thing i needed to do

orbs that turn a regular item into a magic item: carry them around with you and use them to upgrade strongboxes before you open them

orbs that turn a regular item into a rare item: use when you find a regular item with good gems

orbs that upgrade weapons/armor: these are pretty common, use them whenever you find something sweet that you expect to keep around for a lot of levels

orbs that reroll the color of sockets or the number of sockets/links: same as above but they're more rare and you need to know what combination of colors you're looking for. probably hold onto those until you're in the 60's or so and can use them to make something that'll get you through maps.

the weirder ones like regals/exalts/chaos/scouring are only really good if you are min/maxing late-game gear for doing maps and stuff. you need a ton of them and you need to know exactly what you're looking to build. otherwise just go onto poe.trade and use them to buy gear from people.

i never bothered with crafting so no idea there