Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a little better now that master crafting isnt so painful but I usually end up having to compensate for my lovely resists with an aura skill which is lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The end game is fun and not as bad as the pro crowd tells you. You have to do a certain amount of DPS to beat the post game bosses, but the regular maps aren't nearly as bad. If you aren't resist capped or run into a reflect boss as a caster you might die a lot but whatever. It's fun to me anyway

Even if your DPS is bad you can probably still beat the post game if you have good leech or charge generation so who cares what the hardcore crowd thinks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it looks so fun. the new skills, melee changes. hell yes. i gotta work all day though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought Betrayal was the best possible PoE patch but Legion has proved me completely wrong. Melee feels so loving good now, and it might actually be able to compete with spells for clear speed now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

What are you playing? I started a duelist with cleave and bleed stuff but I’m getting owned in the first few levels

First build was occultist ED/contagion, but then I got a max roll facebreaker so I have a raider cyclone

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always home roll my builds but I do steal smarter peoples gearing and link ideas

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as far as normal crafting goes, you unlock recipes after rescuing Helena in act 2 or by unveiling items with Jun starting in act 9. They all cost currency to have, and your item can only have one mod crafted on unless you have the (very expensive) multiple mods allowed thing crafted on. theres various tiers of these crafted mods and they cost different amounts of currency. This is probably where your chaos orbs will go because you'll have like a decent rare that is missing a slot so you'll slap a resist or life or something on their and the better ones cost a few chaos or a divine to slap on. But mostly I just hoard anything better than alchemy orbs to trade with, or exchange for more fusings etc. Theres more complicated poo poo like fossils from delve but idk how it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's one of those games that has a ton of stuff going on, but it tries to ease you into it slowly, so except for the giant skill tree you're kinda like 'is that it? really?' until you get to act 5 and all the bosses that are like 10 times as complicated as the first half of the game