Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
I applaud Ken for having the balls to claim ownership of Knuckles recolors, against all odds.

drrockso20 posted:

My loathing for Ken Penders as a human being is brobdingnagian in scale but agreed that JK Rowling is worse

Nah man JK is my girl :biglips:

Happy Easter, everybody.

Zibraltar fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
Ken's biggest problem is that he's rarely challenged by anything, and got used to playing the victim any time he was. He's like the old guy who goes at a Home Depot clerk for half an hour with reasons why he should get a discount. The talent he does have for drawing realism, he undercuts by throwing a tantrum over the legacy he feels entitled to. There's a lot to respect in his career but as a man, he's his own worst enemy.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames

JordanKai posted:

Please tell me you were being sarcastic here and that you didn't bump a thread from six months ago just to hype up JK Rowling while using an emote that used to be called "bigtran".

I really like these Sonic books :sanix:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
2003 was such a wild year for the series. If things hadn't gone full soap opera prior to Ian joining, things would have been different.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
His wife has a good paying job iirc.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

With kids! I think his own kids are in that Sonic trailer he did. One positive thing about Penders is he’s devoted to telling his story. Yes, it’s a lousy story and I don’t like his art which I understand to be objectively terrible and I think he’s delusional to a degree, but he’s dedicated! Slowly!

Maybe he’s a good dad? Maybe he even (based on the r/relationships thread) has good basic hygiene and does equitable house work? Who knows. That said though if I found out someone I was married to was still writing some weird teen/young woman scenarios I’d leave no matter how clean he was.

Peak Penders Sonic > Peak SatAM cartoon Sonic. But the lows are lower.

He's a good realism artist. But he really struggles with drawing Sonic characters.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames

Rockman Reserve posted:

this, i can almost - ALMOST - agree with. but this:

is fuckin' madness. He literally just traces celebrities!!!

Check out the portraits of his folks he did, and his Star Trek TNG work. He can do it. He just can't do Sonic.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames

Robot Style posted:

Well, his Kirk looks a bit more like Steve Buscemi than William Shatner...

It's not dat baaaad.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
The dodge -and-burn shading he puts on everything is so distracting, there's never a stable light source. Yet he understands how to shade a light source??? So bizarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames

the guy from Semisonic posted:

A reminder that this exists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsdTPUy4sNI
Using the Watchmen trailer music is just :kiss:

Neil Breen energy