Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That…that’s in like the opening of sonic 2

It’s a whole mission in sonic 2

Ken Penders is pretty open about never having played a sonic game, so unless he remembers stuff like reference screenshots (probably) given to him at the time he probably doesn't even know that it's literally the opening to sonic 3 that the page is adapting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
In Ken Ponder's mind, his ideas were so woven onto the fabric of the S'On-Ic franchise that he inceptioned the creators and devs.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I get my insane video game creatives mixed up, is Ken Penders the one who ended up owning a ton of the poo poo from the comics because no one paid attention to his contract or did they gently caress up a lawsuit and have to give it to him?

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Every time I forget Penders exists, he says something dumb on Twitter.

Man is really out there saying he has the rights to use Knuckles because he owns the "comic book mythology".

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
he "owns" stuff from the comic because archie lost the original contract and sega just got fed up and settled out of court to end it. he later sued bioware and EA and that lawsuit got thrown out but he still claims to own the characters from that game too.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
if he is stupid enough to file another lawsuit he would get owned by expensive corporate lawyers and the very fragile win he got from archie would be obliterated lmao

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if he is stupid enough to file another lawsuit he would get owned by expensive corporate lawyers and the very fragile win he got from archie would be obliterated lmao

Apparently someone isn't taking into consideration the billions he's about to make off of his NFTs!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Please, pleeeeease let this moron try to sue Paramount! :pray:

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he "owns" stuff from the comic because archie lost the original contract and sega just got fed up and settled out of court to end it. he later sued bioware and EA and that lawsuit got thrown out but he still claims to own the characters from that game too.

This isn't 100% accurate; both lawsuits were around the same time, he actually won the archie one and while the sega/EA one was dismissed multiple times (because of the statue of limitations expiring and the archie lawsuit ongoing simultaneously) they later settled.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Archie one always gets me. They had copies of contracts but those weren’t admissible for some reason.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

The Archie one always gets me. They had copies of contracts but those weren’t admissible for some reason.

IIRC Basically Ken just vehemently denied ever signing them, the original copies were lost in a fire, and so they couldn't prove they didn't photoshop his signature onto them. Even though it's improbable that everyone else that worked there signed it and only Ken had thee problem of avoiding them, working anyway, and getting forged ones later. The case was kinda stalled for a long time with the judge just being exasperated, and Sega declining to send in their own direct legal representative. Hence the ending in a settlement that Ken owned the scripts he wrote, but Archie also rebooting so they wouldn't have to pay him royalties.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
sega doesnt really care that penders owns a bunch of knuckles recolors and a skunk that cucked sonic the hedgehog so theyve been happy to just keep ignoring him imo

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 13, 2022

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Movie quite litterally has nothing Penders wrote in it. It's a pretty decent Sonic 2/3/K adaptation all things considered.
Dude needs to just chill the gently caress out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The only way he's relevant is to remind people about his poo poo comics.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1577460708354031616?t=JvU1Y0WjziJOmmyL4s6PdA&s=19

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I hope he keeps doing this; whenever some piece of media enters pop culture he comes out and says "I was totally planning to do the same thing if I had stayed on Sonic!"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Neighborhood kids love when he yells tidbits like these through his airhorn as they skate by

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"So when Knuckles would become president in the place of the former monarchy, one of his first acts would be to pardon every weed user unjustly incarcerated. I came up with that"

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
No way. Knuckles is a narc.

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

Inkspot posted:

No way. Knuckles is a narc.

It would have been Rasta Knuckles.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Dumbledore was always gay, and let me tell you about how Echidnas poop.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Dumbledore was always gay, and let me tell you about how Echidnas poop.

Never thought I would say this but: as goofy and weird as Ken can be, thank god he's not JKR.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

As far as I know Ken Penders doesn't go on about hating trans people. As an aside I haven't seen or heard anything new from his supposed lawsuit against Paramount.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
My loathing for Ken Penders as a human being is brobdingnagian in scale but agreed that JK Rowling is worse

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

brobdingnagian

Is that the dimension the echidnas come from?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Rhyno posted:

Is that the dimension the echidnas come from?

No, it's the land the map of echidna family trees comes from.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

https://twitter.com/superfreddy22/status/1587336938519990272?s=46&t=7Pm42lybme664qD0xGmp-Q

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Kids stopped showing up after K'en insisted that his Kaan-dï was a wholly original creation and Reese's was just ripping off his deep lore work.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

For a second I thought the tweet was gonna be about his lawsuit with paramount. I guess he still has time to tweet.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
I applaud Ken for having the balls to claim ownership of Knuckles recolors, against all odds.

drrockso20 posted:

My loathing for Ken Penders as a human being is brobdingnagian in scale but agreed that JK Rowling is worse

Nah man JK is my girl :biglips:

Happy Easter, everybody.

Zibraltar fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 8, 2023

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Wow. What a lovely troll

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Guessing from the news that the lawsuit isn't going anywhere.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
Ken's biggest problem is that he's rarely challenged by anything, and got used to playing the victim any time he was. He's like the old guy who goes at a Home Depot clerk for half an hour with reasons why he should get a discount. The talent he does have for drawing realism, he undercuts by throwing a tantrum over the legacy he feels entitled to. There's a lot to respect in his career but as a man, he's his own worst enemy.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Zibraltar posted:

Nah man JK is my girl :biglips:

Happy Easter, everybody.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic here and that you didn't bump a thread from six months ago just to hype up JK Rowling while using an emote that used to be called "bigtran".

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 10, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

quote:

...t'a-lent...

:thunkin:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JordanKai posted:

Please tell me you were being sarcastic here and that you didn't bump a thread from six months ago just to hype up JK Rowling while using an emote that used to be called "bigtran".

It's their first and only post in the thread, so no I don't think there's any benefit of the doubt here.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

NotJulie-Su or whoever the pink E'c'h'y'd'n'a or whoever the gently caress that's supposed to be to our left of Indiana Jones Knuckles, is kind of like just around average, maybe slightly below, for how I remember Archie's stuff being in the very early aughts around when I stopped reading as a kid. The rest is hilariously bad. But I think that one might legit be the best piece of art I've seen from Penders in years if not decades.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Is there a reason there's a random human dude grinning in the background? What's the lore here?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Has penders ever said why he uses an awful "we have cgi at home" style for his own work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GreenMetalSun posted:

Is there a reason there's a random human dude grinning in the background? What's the lore here?

Also:

Lmao at his inept coloring making "knee boosters"