Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mikedawson posted:

"Asexuals are genealogical dead ends and that upsets and terrifies me" is a wild take I was not prepared to hear today.

E: Also I love him suggesting that Sonic is a playa.
Don't hate the playa, hate the game(s released after the Genesis era)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Stealing this from the Idiots on Social Media thread because it needs to be documented here.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It's just a coincidence that "Hello" translates to "Fuk'Seg-uh", really.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I can't believe we'll never learn the final fate of Penelope Platypus :(

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I just realized how much his art looks like those horrible "How to Draw Anime" books everyone makes fun of.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

How much of a fanbase does Ken Penders actually have for stuff like this? Do people in the modern Sonic community even know who he is? The pinned tweet on his account announcing the availability of his not-Echidnas comic from May has only accumulated 52 likes over all that time, I can't imagine there's much of market for his NFTs.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Potsticker posted:

It's the nature of grifts like this that you don't need to fool many people and in fact, works better when you weed out people who don't or can't know any better.
Yeah but you have to pay to create NFTs, unless maybe there's some upstart blockchain giving them away for free to get a foothold in the market. I guess as long as his handful of fans are of the inexplicably wealthy furry variety where they'll buy anything he puts out no matter the cost it's worth it for him to pay the upfront costs.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Gruckles posted:

I have to wonder if him throwing out NFTs of Scourge/Anti-Sonic, Green Knuckles, Robo-Robotnik, and "Julie-Su AKA Shade" as his first actual potential money makers is him trying to bait Sega into taking him to court themselves over the large theoretical sum. Since his own attempted lawsuits against Sega & EA over Dark Brotherhood were dismissed multiple times meaning he currently has no legal claim to Shade, and the others are the ones most obviously derivative of Sega's brand even if he did win in Archie's case.
What does he have to gain by going back to court? Does he really think he has a legal claim to Green Knuckles et al. and is going to get full control of them? I didn't think he was that delusional.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ironslave posted:

Remember Julie-Su?
No.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

chaleski posted:

That bottom picture is clearly just a photo a topless woman that he drew a terrible face on, right?
Yeah, his Anthony Mackie "drawings" made it pretty clear he's tracing at least sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I bet if Ken could manage to get away from the macrocephalic sonic style entirely and just draw an original design, the art would get 1000% better immediately

As it is this is all I can think of when I see those designs (Sonic's or Penders')