Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I went and bought this game cause of this LP. It is very good.

The creator is really chill and humble unlike this other developer guy y'all may have heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Andrew definitely became my most useful party member, he certainly made grinding a lot easier. That being said, I could never not use Helga, she is absolutely vital. Lars is also a great sponge and undulate + counter has saved my rear end plenty... But if Buck is available then I'm picking Buck, sorry. He's my favorite character.

Whatever.

I must've been playing wrong because generally, Jimmy was the least useful member on my party. What should I be doing with him? I still have post-game content to tackle, so it wouldn't hurt to optimize Jimbo a bit.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Oh word, I didn't know Jimmy received permanent stat bonuses from leveling imagination. I thought those were just stat increases for that particular form. Well, don't that beat all?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Kad posted:

Buck is an incredible character and there is just... so much going on for him. I say Johnny is my favorite all the time but I don't think I can write rambling paragraphs about his character like I can with Buck. It's extremely hard to decide who is my favorite.

Anyway,

There's something about this that hurts me.

Very good post. Buck is amazing and his reaction to his brother's illness is so realistic. :(

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

There are a few scenes later that recontextualize a lot of what Buck tells/asks of Jimmy and it breaks my heart

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I expect all future episodes will involve GrandmaParty and his guests weeping out loud, honking their noises on tissues etc

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Well, I feel better that I wasn't the only one itt who cried cause of this game. To be fair "sweet child with cancer" is a low hanging fruit when it comes to ejecting tears. But because this is a Good Game, it actually does a great job successfully balancing the different moods.

I actually really appreciate that this game is fairly direct about the premise and that it's not buried behind subtext. Like, everything is pretty much laid out on the table. Of course, I'm not referring to the symbolism wrt bosses, locations (especially nightmare zones) and the like, because there's plenty of that to think about. Instead of focusing on the premise (go beat up some cancer and win), we're instead given an inside glimpse of how a family might react and how each individual member goes about dealing with things.

It makes sense to me that Lars is actually the best equipped to deal with loss and deals with Jimmy's illness more maturely than the rest of his family.

also i was totally jimmy as a kid minus the whole dying shtick

Mod edit: big spoilers.

OP edit: i am dumbe

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 25, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

The colorful kind with chunks of bubble gum that are too brittle to actually be chewed as gum.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Grandma, I drew for you a picture of your favorite daddy

print it out and place it on the fridge for me

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 27, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Sexy Lars pic if we meet the stretch goal, btw.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

GrandmaParty posted:

That's the next episode.

I'm trying to figure out how best to rob that house in Legato. It's nasty in there.

I miss Helga :(

I love that sprite of sad Helga so much but I don't love that Helga's sad. :(

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

to celebrate the all-male cast, enjoy this image of a bear and his otter.

that's right. this is why helga is gone. andrew changed his mind about a lot of things.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Oh my, you actually did it.

I'm... I'm in someone's home!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Kad posted:

I love this so much??????????? and this is so oddly specific but thank you for remembering that hair also grows on the lower back like on andrew there. i see so many artists who are like AW YEAH IM GONNA DRAW A HAIRY GUY and they forget that hair grows on more than just the Usual Places

inspired by this one guy I saw one time who was hairless except for the small of his back, which was loaded like you wouldn't believe. What purpose does that hair serve? To capture pollen? Were we once bees?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Kad posted:

Grandma has paid me to bring you all a very sexy and spicy man.
"He wanted to make an act of sacrifice for all of you so you wouldn't get permabanned. This is Nine Gear Crow's fault."

Grr + woof

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

get that OUT of my face posted:

Does anyone else imagine Lars's dialog as being voiced by Jon Benjamin? His delivery and voice fit perfectly.

Yes. We've covered all the family members.

He's voiced by Droopy Dog. Imagine droopy dog's voice explaining the virtues of Asian women.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Lol, I thought it was a weird graphic of an owl dude looking into a round window.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Just catching up on the LP.

Oh, Grandma, you cannot take back a woof. Once you woof, it is out there forever.

edit - wow, I imagine that's what it's like teaching a real life grandmother how to use Growlr.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

This is the part that killed me during my playthrough. Seeing small bald Jimmy, Buck begging Jimmy to get stronger while hugging him.

Imo bashing that dog was the correct thing to do.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

You're going to get a drawing of Moon Baby, Grandma.

Not much can be done about it.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

actually you can't go outside and everything is A-OK in the end. : )

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

GrandmaParty posted:

I do not know how that stream could have gone worse.

The shame.

edit- (but you got to do it too, shaking moon baby is an oath)

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 29, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

C-Euro posted:

I tuned in and it was a Professor Layton game and I got confused :shrug:

Grandma's 4 pm is another man's 5 pm

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I haven't watched anything since Hellstream because I don't want it to be over. :(

:( :(

I wanna try drawing the family too. This game needs fanart. That's right. It's time to talk shippings.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I'm watching it now. LPs are great to have on while working on projects or just doodling.

Kasey seems like a man after your heart, so far!
WAIT HELGA NO

edit - yes i got mentioned
- if you hate teeth do not look up bjork's video for 'mouth mantra'

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 9, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

here's a sketch that I'm too lazy to actualize.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

:allears:

Thank you very much! I feel a warmth inside of me that is now being violently shaken. And it's not the poop-cramps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Also Grandma looks very close to how I imagined. But that's only because his personality reminded me of one of my cool friends and said cool friend looks like Grandma.