Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
*static white noise followed by loud ding dong*
THIS
*car tires locking up skidding and crashing into a wall*
IS
*loud cat rowling*
RADIO
*spooky dramatic synth bite*
LABS
*loud big ben clock striking gong*
TODAY WE
*lightning strike*
TALKING
*loud firework exploding noise*
ABOUT
*machine gun fire noises*
AN APE
*soda can popping open loudly*
WITH
*10 seconds of long dramatic silence*
SYPHILLIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
tbf i dont think your average coked up trucker is listening to NPR

they're more the rush limbaugh listener type to rage about brown people coming into take their jobs and then get hyped on on genocidal fantasies

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Coolness Averted posted:

we're not mad, just dissapointed

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is my precise relationship with public radio
not empty quoting dis

but for real yeah. KQED/NPR was basically my staple when attending community college and drives to/from from like 06-09, especially back pre-podcast poo poo. increasingly i realized the succ over the years and now i ride casual carpool and standard practice is to have KQED on in the morning drive so i get to listen to it every day for like 40 minutes and sometime its just loving infuriating because its so disappointing since they can do better. whenever they invite some trump or ex-bush admin shithead or My-FAWTHER east coast nepotistic shithead running some institute to talk about "well actually locking up brown children and raping them and forbidding them from getting abortions is good" and hosts just go "ok neat, well lots of opinions out there on this one!" its like asdfksdjflasdfasd

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
sometimes people put on KALW which is pretty decent and i like some of its programming better, but no everything else is way worse. i dont control the radio anyways since thats the drivers discretion