Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

gleebster posted:

"And now, to give us a balanced look at recent events, Cokie Roberts is going to be talking to David Brooks and Jonah Goldberg."

Today they had John Yoo on to talk about the Trump administration's fight with the Congress over Trump's executive privilege claims.

Absolutely zero mention of his Bush-era role as the author of the torture memos and related fuckery.

Thanks for rehabilitating him, NPR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Coolness Averted posted:

All things considered? No they did in the intro just didn't confront him at all, bring it up in the interview or in any way signal he might be on shakey ground when it comes to talking about executive power since he was willing to go on record saying 'tromp might be bad'

And by 'bad' he meant 'goes overboard so much on exec. privilege claims it might limit a future administration'.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Bonzo posted:

If you've not seen this, definitely check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWS6qyy7bw

Jian Ghomeshi is crazy, stuck up rear end in a top hat and it's nice to hear Billy give him poo poo. This was a good 10 years before we Ghomeshi's min controversy.

e: NM, my question got answered.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 10, 2019

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

poisonpill posted:

There have been many responses to (derisive voice) Trump’s Trade War. But one you may not have heard about, (insanely smug voice) comes from the donkeys! The donkey trade in (voice immediately sounds like a white woman impersonating Speedy Gonzalez) Tee-hah-hoooanya, Meh-heeee-koh (tumbleweed rolls by, Mariachi guitar strum)

:ck5:

Jesus, even when I agree with some of the editorial lines seeping out of the news the smarmy tone just ruins it.

Ari Shapiro is the smarmiest host that ever smarmed

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Today's report on the world of competition spelling competition spelling, :wtf: talked about a high-pressure, high-stakes environment for young children and did so in that annoying sing-song "gosh, there might be some concerns here but NAH" voice that makes me want to burn my tote bag.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

...and the new Morning Edition theme is dogshit.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Ollu posted:

Stetfan Limerick-Blake

I feel like I suddenly know how to play polo.

Actually, you're some Irish guest commentator they wheel out for the World Cup.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Julius CSAR posted:

Retro Cocktail Hour is still on and it’s still fantastic. He’s very fond of dipping into the (many) soundtracks from Cowboy Bebop

In fact everyone in this thread should listen to RCH right drat now

https://exchange.prx.org/series/7960-the-retro-cocktail-hour

Goddamn, I love this poo poo. There was a similar show on WRAS (I think) in Atlanta called Martinis Con Queso. When my wife and I would be driving to her lovely job as a manager at a Hancock Fabrics (where I was the only male employee...I came in on Saturdays to help out...long story) we would listen to it and loved it.

PS: Retro Cocktail Hour show archive available here.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

From Marketplace this morning: "There's Hot Yoga...why not Hot Economics?"

Never have I turned off the radio so quickly.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

poisonpill posted:

You might think
That NPR likes a butt.
But it can’t match SA,
And famed poster
____ ____, ____ ______!

Dad Gay, So What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Great article. Wish they'd reboot the show...maybe have Mr. Regular from Regular Car Reviews and one of his mechanic friends host.