Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Translating the Ran/Yukari support was a rollercoaster of emotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Of all the casualwear Touhous, I can't decide if Tewi's arm/hood hybrid or Mokou with shorts is the most confusing. The portraits in general seem to have awkward cut off points with respect to the character designs.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Dark, darker, even darker huh.
:catstare:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I'm honestly glad Mystia's a good unit in this, she was my favorite character when I first got into Touhou. :3:

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Jade Rider posted:

I'm honestly glad Mystia's a good unit in this, she was my favorite character when I first got into Touhou. :3:

Same, and I'm hoping that there's a Mystia/Yuyuko support just for shenanigans.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
:siren:
Chapter 9

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
:siren: Strawpoll for the next chapters supports :siren:

Please be aware that, if you vote for Ran/Yukari S, neither of them will be able to S-support anyone else. For reference, Yukari's other possible supports are SM, Youki, Aya, and Alice. Meanwhile, Ran can also. hit S with Chen. In case that influences your decision making, at all.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I know I said I didn't recall supports being overtly romantic, but the Ran/Yukari one has some powerfully gay energy. It was also a pain in the rear end to translate.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kyouko/Kogasa sure went into a completely unexpected direction there. I'm super curious to see where it leads.

Also maybe not give S ranks as a choice just yet? That way we'd get to see if there's others before voting for something that will lock up the rest.

Also also I love dumb exploits that let you actually beat bosses you shouldn't. The game seemed prepared for it too with the weapon drop (though no dialogue) so points to the people behind it.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Since you're within range of the S-rank, would it be too inconvenient to record it, and then just reload so you can still access other S-rank scenes later?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I do that for every support already anyway, so I caaaaaan...

But y'all gotta commit to your choices, IMO.

By the way, at some point I might add supports to the voting list that I haven't personally unlocked, since I can just rip the scripts out of the files now. Dunno if if/how I'll do it, since I wouldn't have screenshots to go with them, but I'm thinking about it.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 8, 2020

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Chapter 10

Strawpoll for chapter 11 supports

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Woops I hosed up and wrote the strawpoll as kogasa/kyouko A, but it's actually their S support.

Just for reference, Kogasa's possible supports are Kyouko and Yoshika. Meanwhile, Kyouko's only possible support is Kogasa. Just in case that influences your decision.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

No supports this chapter? I didn't see a link in the update.

I know the Ayas are spelled differently, but I always thought it was weird anyway that Hieda no Aya isn't referred to as Hieda. Not just for the above reason, but because that emphasises the connection she has to Akyuu.

Also it's totally in character for Seiga to be unhelpful and just rely on others to pull her weight for her.

eternaldough fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 15, 2020

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Kyouko/Kogasa is going places I've never imagined.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
God, I hosed up everything in this chapter, didn't I...

Ok, I edited links to the supports into the update itself. I also added them to the OP (I assume Eeepies noticed that), but for anyone that missed them:

Kogasa/Kyouko A
Mokou/Tewi B

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

eternaldough posted:

I know the Ayas are spelled differently, but I always thought it was weird anyway that Hieda no Aya isn't referred to as Hieda. Not just for the above reason, but because that emphasises the connection she has to Akyuu.

Once I actually have both on the team, I'll probably start calling them Hieda and Shameimaru, when I need to differentiate.

While the Supports are a land of missed opportunities in general (presumably due to time constraints) I'm still sad Aya/Aya isn't a thing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

eternaldough posted:

Even just the name Aya emphasizes the connection in Japanese, since the kanji for 'A' at the beginning is the same. In case you don't know, the names of every single one of her incarnations is a number -based pun: Akyuu is a homonym for A9 while Aya is a homonym for A8. The original Hieda no Are is of course A0.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Chapter 11

Strawpoll for next chapter's supports

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I wish all the A-ranks felt like conclusions in of themselves because that Mokou/Tewi most definitely did not feel like one.

Can't wait until you move in and conquer the tengu territory for yourself, overthrowing the tenma...

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Clarste posted:

Even just the name Aya emphasizes the connection in Japanese, since the kanji for 'A' at the beginning is the same. In case you don't know, the names of every single one of her incarnations is a number -based pun: Akyuu is a homonym for A9 while Aya is a homonym for A8. The original Hieda no Are is of course A0.

Is that why each subsequent Hieda is half the size of the previous one? Unless they're not ISO compliant...

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Decoy Badger posted:

Is that why each subsequent Hieda is half the size of the previous one? Unless they're not ISO compliant...

The actual serious answer is that Akyuu is only ten when she first appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to find a comic I read once where Akyuu gets a knock on the head, and then in a panel gag starts introducing herself as her new incarnation, Hieda no Aju.