Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
but what happened to the flash tub and why are like 90% of the episodes no longer viewable? I want to watch funny cartoon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

but what happened to the flash tub and why are like 90% of the episodes no longer viewable? I want to watch funny cartoon...
The guy who did them turned out to be a weird creep, sorry.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

The guy who did them turned out to be a weird creep, sorry.

Okay, so why are some of them viewable and why are some of them not?

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Maybe you need to enable Flash? Just make sure to not enable it for the whole internet, just the sites you need it for.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

zergstain posted:

Maybe you need to enable Flash? Just make sure to not enable it for the whole internet, just the sites you need it for.

Well, I've done all the flash-enabling I can, but I can't watch pretty much any of it. What a pain. I wish they were backed up on youtube or something.

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler
Some are backed up on YouTube, but not all. Check out the Flash Tub playlist on Lowtax’s channel, and also the Internet Archive’s backup of the SomethingAwfulTV account (the original one looks like it’s been hijacked, and none of the videos are there anymore). In fact, the Wayback Machine has archived many of those old Flash pages too.

I expect the files haven’t actually been deleted. If you try to go to a page with a broken SWF, it’ll redirect you to old-www.somethingawful.com instead of giving you the file. This doesn’t happen with newer entries. Anything from August 2010 and before screws up.

Hopefully someone can get in contact with Lowtax to fix this. Good luck!

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008
I just want to watch Jack Daniels' Karnov playset. Has that been removed because of someone's perversion? Is it on youtube somewhere?

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

cwinkle posted:

I just want to watch Jack Daniels' Karnov playset. Has that been removed because of someone's perversion? Is it on youtube somewhere?

I found it in the Wayback Machine. You'll still need Flash to play it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I miss The Jefferson Brothers.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mush Man posted:

Some are backed up on YouTube, but not all. Check out the Flash Tub playlist on Lowtax’s channel, and also the Internet Archive’s backup of the SomethingAwfulTV account (the original one looks like it’s been hijacked, and none of the videos are there anymore). In fact, the Wayback Machine has archived many of those old Flash pages too.

I expect the files haven’t actually been deleted. If you try to go to a page with a broken SWF, it’ll redirect you to old-www.somethingawful.com instead of giving you the file. This doesn’t happen with newer entries. Anything from August 2010 and before screws up.

Hopefully someone can get in contact with Lowtax to fix this. Good luck!

lol

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Lowtax has been converting the video ones to YouTube the past week or two so you might be in luck before too long

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know I am a loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
bump