Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

wateroverfire posted:

No call, no show, and the interview was set up yesterday afternoon. This is the second one today. Why???? Each of these people is presumably looking for a job. They indicated interest literally 18 hours ago. And then...nothing. This happens a lot, at least here in Chile. I'd say the no-show rate for applicants is about 60%. At times like this I start thinking about what obligations we have to each other in this match making process.

Hiring people sucks. Looking for a job also sucks. I would be willing to bet literally no participant on either side of the process likes going through it, yet we don't seem to be able to do any better. I think at minimum employers owe applicants who are not going to be considered a call or an email back letting them know. And from prospective employees I'd kind of appreciate it if they showed up. Or at least called. But beyond that, I'm kind of at a loss.

How does this process suck and from what perspective? How can it be better? ITT let's brainstorm or bitch about that.

It can be better by abolishing capitalism, that'd be a starting point.

The one time I missed a job interview was because I woke up that morning and had a horrible anxiety attack. Though because I phoned up with some dumb excuse they were OK to rearrange the interview and I ended up getting the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

reignonyourparade posted:

I've literally never had a company that said 'we'll contact you in ____ about whether you got it or not' actually do so, so if I already got something myself in the meantime: gently caress em, turnabout is fair play.

Aye, companies almost never get in touch to say you didn't get the job. Why should I give them a courtesy they won't bother extending to me? gently caress 'em