Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pochoclo posted:

Is this for real lol what the hell were they doing, did they not have anyone even remotely experienced in computers that could have told them "hey guys I think with computers you can do this in a more automatic way"?

You don't even need a goddamn macro you can just run something like sips on the command line and boom thousands of images processed in a few keystrokes

I assumed it was like centering a crop around a human face to standardize id photos which should have been difficult to automate back in 2002, but lmao of it isn't then that's a line of bash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It reminds me one day I answered a barely intelligible phone call from someone asking if I agreed to an interview tomorrow.
I didnt get which company it was for but assumed I'd get the info in a confirmation email.
The email shows up but it's from a third party recruiter and doesn't have extra info except the date and address. I didn't think much about it because I felt mildly feverish and was about to go out for drinks.
The next day I dial the address in my gps and leave. It's a short drive but it quickly dawns on me that I shouldn't be at the wheel because alcohol and fever compounded into a pleasant daze and my reactions times are busted.
I get there, the building doesn't have signage or anything.
Someone greets me and eventually I'm led through a series of underground corridors to a room where people start a casual interview conversation; ask whether I've preliminary questions about the position. I still don't know who they are and what I'm here for so I brush it off politely.
After a few minutes i get very tired and unable to converse normally so I just ramble with my head tilted back for a while.
Haven't heard back :iiam: