Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I was presented with a Myers Briggs at an interview and laughed at the HR person then left. She was furious. gently caress you I'm not working somewhere that wants to pseudoscience me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mineaiki posted:

Recruiters and much of HR have to be some of the biggest grifters in the private sector. Literally do nothing but pretend to know how to hire The Best People all day long and still get normal-rear end employees.

They serve an important function as a brick wall between the unwashed wage filth and actual decision makers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The worst interview I ever had is a tie between the one where the interviewer blew a huge fart and the one where the interviewer casually lit a cigarette and started chain smoking.

I would have taken the job with the no fucks given smoker. That was a test.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

R. Guyovich posted:

i respectfully disagree.

I like your moxy here but where do you see this thread in five years?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

doverhog posted:

I am not familiar with US work man rights. Is it really the case the individual employer gets to decide whether they pay overtime or not? Because that is hosed up.

I think it's more that rostering is scheduled tightly thanks to computerised time management and corporate edicts that overtime never be offered, so if overtime absolutely must be done, it goes to an old timer/pet.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

OwlFancier posted:

Or alternatively they just don't pay you extra for it. What are you gonna do, leave and find somewhere else that also doesn't pay extra for it?

Oh yeah but I guess we're talking in the realm of the rules. Most places roster hard enough to kill overtime and run split shifts and poo poo so they don't need to screw anyone illegally. It's all above board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Somfin posted:

Plus weekly shift reallocation because gently caress the idea of you having a schedule

In Australia a massive number of people work casual or labour hire. In the case of labour hire you get a text message at 7pm for a shift at 6am and if you miss one you stop getting text messages! Incredible!

E: I'm sure this happens elsewhere, but it's a massive blind spot for the majority of people here because it's only the very, very poor and immigrants generally working this way. Most developed countries don't allow you to engage people this way (i assume this is fine in the US)

JBP fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 17, 2019