Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I never no-showed for an interview, but several years ago when I was looking to switch into data science / analytics from engineering, I did go on a place that was completely industrial. Turns out it was for inventory management, not actual data analytics, so I looked completely out of place in a suit. Upon driving up, I considered just turning around and not wasting my time, but went in for an interview and in about 5 minutes it was done and we pretty much agreed it wasn't a fit for me.

One other thing, here in the US, a lot of jobs are posted online and often by recruiting agencies. It takes an application before the actual company you'll be applying to through the recruiting firm is revealed. One of the ones I applied to seemed like a solid position, but when I found out it was with Comcast, and was in a group where a bunch of people had been forced out and replaced, I would have refused the interview if not for the recruiters also had another position for me at a different company. That being said, just not showing up to a scheduled interview does seem unprofessional when at least a quick phone call could clear up the matter. This works both ways, as you mentioned, sometimes I've gone to interviews and been told enthusiastically that they'll get back to me shortly and then nothing, not even answers to followup emails or calls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU