Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Is there any chance Coulson / sarge has anything to do with ghost rider ? I’ve forgotten, when Coulson became ghost rider I think he essentially said he had some deal with it but was it revealed what that was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Any sources for those rumors? Not the guesses, I get that they're guesses.

Yeah I haven’t heard the daisy / quake rumour not that I’d complain

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Trailer spoilers

Y'know how it's bad and dumb that DC keeps concocting reasons for Batman and Superman to murder somebody?

Marvel can't help but occasionally say, "but what if the GOOD guy was a Nazi?" and the like. So, "we have to save the Nazis!"

Just, please no. This very show already did "but what if we were the Nazis?."

Nazis aren't fictional. Calling them supernazis doesn't make it better. And they're murdering people and going on shooting sprees, and I we live in hellworld.

So, like, I'm not outraged, but I am rolling my eyes pretty hard at how tone-deaf it is to do this. Particularly right now.

And if you're gonna' give me a "here's why you should think it's okay" take? Save it. We're not debating and arriving at a consensus here, because we don't write for the show. Our opinions aren't zero sum. I'm just saying how I feel about that moment in the trailer.

Like they never actually make the Nazis seem good my dude. Literally the only good one was ward who ended up being a rebel in the framework. It’s just a typical trope of time travel like “ohh have to let something bad happen for something good to happen”

I mean might as well say that any movie or show with time travel why didn’t they go and kill hitler

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

counterfeitsaint posted:

I love people's random baggage. Please, dump more of it into the thread, whatever it is. Perhaps the next trailer can be a great excuse to share with us all your thoughts on Israel, you mentally balance perfectly normal person.

The dog represents illegal settlements on Palestinian land

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Has it been confirmed they are time hopping around? It is the majority of the season 1931 NYC?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I think someone mentioned it up thread but with Enoch at the end there- (spoilers for the ep and completely unconfirmed rumours)

was him talking about the teams last mission them getting meta on the show ending? Or are the often rumoured for years but never confirmed potential spin off series or transferring daisy into the films or Disney plus etc?

I’m probably looking into it too much BUT in the spirit of just wanting these great characters to continue in some way what ways could you see it?

I could see Daisy going forward in a new show for Disney plus, but her powers are a bit basic for the movies.

I could see Fitz and Simmons (because obviously the show will have them find each other and be happy together... right!?) becoming almost like a Q character from the Bond series and could be in again some sword show or future Disney plus stuff?

I can’t really see the others as much, they just don’t feel like characters that would translate over. But I’d love to be wrong.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So it’s next weeks episode then a two hour special?

Good bye show :(

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I think this season is as good as it could be considering the last few years they had no idea they were getting the next season. It’s be great if they knew back in like the ghost rider season how many seasons they had left then worked their way towards the ending... but this self contained season with going through time to have gimmicks and visit some old stuff over time is cool.

I know it’s be cliched as anything however I wish they made an excuse to bring ward back

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Does the episode have a post credits scene? No spoilers I can’t watch it for a few more hours

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Phylodox posted:

To people who didn't watch SHIELD, she'd be a weird character with unexplained superpowers out of nowhere that's somehow treated as important when it seems unearned. To people who had watched SHIELD, she'd bring a whole host of inconsistencies and questions that would distract from whatever show she ends up on.

I mean, I'd be happy to be wrong, but the risk/reward ratio of bringing anyone from this show to the MCU is really terrible.

"Nick Fury" was kind of quarterbacking for the Avengers in Far From Home. As far as the movies are concerned, SHIELD never really came back.

Wrt: nick fury I think that post winter soldier shield just seems to have magically reappeared. Hell even in the very next movie the avengers are taking out a hydra base at the start of age of ultron. And nick fury in far from home like you mention, including the space station at the end.

I don’t mean this in a bad way but I think you put more thought into it than marvel has with the MCU, which is also why characters from agents of shield would be fine too.

Coulson pops back up? “I’m a robot now”
Mac, May, Fitzsimmons? “This is our new commander/field trainer/ scientist - they’ve had a lot of experience with situations like this”
The most likely in my mind (although I am not sure if it’s likely at all either way) would be daisy- just introduced as part of some sci fi / cosmic stuff post eternals and you barely have to explain it. “She can quake things?”

They don’t need to mention the timelines and they don’t need to reference past relationships etc. if they want they can wink and nod to it but ultimately the movies barely recognise this poo poo (Natalie Portman just being dropped until now, Rachel macadams isn’t coming back in dr strange 2, black widows relationship with hulk, etc)

Realistically- I don’t think characters will spin off or be folded into the MCU. The show wasn’t that popular in the end. I wish it was and I enjoy it more than half the MCU but it just wasn’t. But if it did! Just think of it like them xeroxing the “real” character and keeping that original character in agents of shield while pulling the copy over to the MCU and going from there. And that would be fine- anyone annoyed at inconsistencies would have already noticed plenty in the MCU over the last decade anyway.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Arrinien posted:

With all the cameos and callbacks this season, I'm disappointed they couldn't find a way to work in a Brett Dalton appearance somewhere.

Yeah I am a little bummed as well. Like they went full hammy with everything else, just cast him as wards dad or something

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I really wish a reputable source would confirm or deny it!

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Kasius wasn’t a great bad guy but neither was Nathaniel malick. Seasons were still good and they were serviceable. Its the difference between the just good seasons and the amazing seasons with ward, Aida etc

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

swickles posted:

Here is a clickbait article about why Ward wasn't in the final season (they just didn't write him in at any point), but it did contain this tidbit which I really wish they had filmed and shown us:

That also would have been a great cameo for Dalton, as a top level SHIELD agent under Deke in the alternate timeline.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-brett-dalton-reveals-why-no-ward-in-finale/

This should be the spin off. DEKE AND WARD

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Please even just one person from AoS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Andrew_1985 posted:

You gotta hope at least Quake turns up.
It’d be nice to see FitzSimmons, but, I’m happy leaving them be.
Perhaps May and Mack?
Adding Coulson back could be too difficult to explain.

Yeah I feel Quake would be a slam dunk. Chloe Bennett is a great actress who could really make it big, and transition over to the big screens if they wanted her to. The character doesn’t need a ton of explaining, just say she’s a hacker that got powers. Woo.

Fitzsimmons I feel could work well too. May and Mack I just doubt. And yeah Coulson would be weird I feel.