Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm glad this show looks like it has a budget again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'll be honest, though, I wasn't a huge fan of Daisy and Jemma going full jack bauer on some dude.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Agents of Shield S6 - Enhanced Interrogation Gemma

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Did we know Enoch was a sex bot before this episode?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Andrew_1985 posted:

but this is just blueballing the audience.

Is seeing two nerds kiss the only way for this audience of yours to get it up?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Naw, He gets back only to find out Simmons and Daisy have realized they don't need men at all.

I mean there's a perfectly good lesbian right there, she doesn't need to try and seduce a just married straight woman.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

drat, if only the fast character could've accelerated fast enough to snatch that alien out of his mouth.

Yeah this pretty much killed the entire episode for me. It was incredibly dumb.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

X-O posted:

The best way to explain the deal with Yo-Yo would be that she doesn't have super fast reflexes because she's not a speedster like other speedsters. It's just always a conscious effort when she uses her powers. That way the powers are still useful but she's not overpowered or stupid depending on the scene. I don't think Agents of SHIELD has ever treated her powers like that but it's how they should do it.

No, the best way to explain the deal with Yo-Yo is that the writers were loving hellbent on killing her new boyfriend and that she had to be there to see it, so they gave her the idiot ball to hold for a few minutes.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I wonder what he did when he found out about citrus fruits you can actually just peel and eat.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It's still pretty lame how ward survived being shot four times in the chest, though.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Spinoff series, it's just this but it's Jemma asking where Fitz is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9DijlVkIGA

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Renegade Coulson, as opposed to previous 5 seasons' Paragon Coulson.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Sloth Life posted:

Deke and Snowflake are hilarious and I love them. Much better than his creepy Daisy creeping.

But this one is even creepier.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Davis is gonna be the new ghost rider.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah I'm not really a fan of relegating Davis to redshirt status just to show that the stakes are real. It's not as dumb as say, Tara in Buffy, but it's still not great.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Which is the most bullshit.
Why?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Because this show needs to go on!

It's ok to end shows before they completely jump the shark.
It's doubly ok to plan a show's ending in advance so you don't end up with dumb rushed poo poo like person of interest's last season.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It had half a last season where the suits insisted the episodes shoehorn in a case of the week even though that made next to zero sense in the story. It still managed to be decent, but it could've easily been a lot better.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
TV IV > Agents of Shield S6 - Hey guys :)

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Tbh it doesn't really make any sense that most people would be unable to pull one of those bats out of their own mouth, they take like 5 seconds to crawl in. But all anyone ever does it paw ineffectually around their chin.

Christ, just bite down.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If you played SWTOR as a force using class, you hosed up.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

In all honesty, I really miss them being actual agents of SHIELD. In the first season (despite all its problems till you know) the world seemed so much bigger, with all the different Shield locations and personnel and now for several seasons, it feels like they are just a bunch of super friends solving crime out of one of their parents’ basement. I know the in-universe and real life reasons for that, but it still all feels very small.

Budget cuts have been very detrimental to the show, yeah, but it's still good.

Most notable thing is probably the contrast with how much effort went into Daisy's power sfx during the first few seasons compared to the airlasers of today, as well as the aforementioned parents' basement thing.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Man, this season has been so good so far. If it continues delivering like this, it's gonna be one of the best seasons in the series. Surprising, too, since the last few seasons have been varying degrees of disappointing.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Slashrat posted:

:frogout:

Seriously, I get that some episodes have been uneven, but AoS has overall been pretty solid quality television ever since it got past season 1

I'm not saying they've been bad, but the last few seasons definitely haven't kept the same quality as the seasons that came before.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Pretty lame if jiaying is actually dead tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Edmund Lava posted:

I almost forgot about Cameron Dove’s whole subplot from AoS. What a mess that was.

Anyway I’ll watch that garbage.

I looked it up her character name and everything on wikipedia and I completely don't remember it at all. I should probably do a full series rewatch soon.