Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CaveGrinch posted:

Well, they WERE following along the MCU since Thanos was arriving in NYC in the fifth season finale.

So, looks like they’ve jumped into a new timeline where he was stopped in Wakanda. Maybe Thor went for the head and the whole thing ended much sooner.

When Vision dies and takes the stone with him, Thanos just said nope and turn the time back for 10 seconds. Obviously this is the timeline where he stayed dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Why was that wall next to that basketball field anyway? It looked super out of place.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 11, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Fair enough. Sucks for the guy who died, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s time travel don’t think about it too hard. It’s basically magic for sci-fi.

That's usually true, but it makes sense here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
They found Fitz. Mission accomplished!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Strom Cuzewon posted:

How come they call us Terrans and not humans?

Daisy is explicitly not a human.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

So that explains why grandma was always in the bathroom when I visited :smith:

Are you sure it wasn't just body odor?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
She's a widow and that happened already six months ago. It's time to move on. That being said, Piper is cool.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What we call English is just intergalactic common. Earth is one of the rare places which has multiple languages.

Just never question that. The only time that question was answered in a satisfying way was in "Accidental Space Spy".

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Marvels PIPER and davis 2027

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That was quite good. But that May fight was a bit hard to follow visually. I guess it's because they are both thin woman dressed in black with roughly the same hair length.

I want space crew back on earth and meet up with Deke again. I'm not one to speculate, but for some reason, I feel like it could be possible that deep down, Deke might have feelings for Daisy.

"Two percent!"

Also RIP new guy. You died doing what you loved most!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 1, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

hamsystem posted:

I was trying to grab some screenshots but Hulu doesn't allow it
How does that work? Does it just block the key combination, if so, you could just use snipping tool or other programs. If Hulu somehow blocks all of that, it might know a bit to much about your computer.

Mymla posted:

I wonder what he did when he found out about citrus fruits you can actually just peel and eat.
That's just how you eat lemons. Do you not peel them before taking a bite? That's gross..

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

howe_sam posted:

Do people eat lemons like oranges? I've only ever seen them used for their juice, zest, or as a garnish.

Nah I was making a lame joke.
That being said, you can totally eat a slice of lemon like an orange. It's an acquired tast.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Sloth Life posted:

Enoch has a great voice. The actor really dances a fine line between automaton and person, he's great

Yes totally. Compared to him, the woman who plays the new omnicron sounds downright ordinary.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
No that checks out. "Ordinary" isn't really a positive term here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Fitz is right! Locking your bad emotions into a toy box from childhood with no intention of ever talking about them is very English.

But he's really bad with children. Mocking a little girl's lack of knowledge about spectral theory is deeply hurtful. Maybe that's what will have driven his daughter to marry some space goon and give birth to a Deke!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 22, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

pretty sure he turned into a Hive hunting rage monster and died op

I think they're aware. Hence the smith.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

never has there been more sexual tension with less emotion

Aida had plenty of emotion by the end.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Slashrat posted:

More to the point, having just watched Captain Marvel, aliens looking like humans seems to just be a thing in the marvel universe.

That's also how it works in comics, even though you don't need to save money on special effects there. I guess it's so the aliens look more attractive?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Last season was pretty great, but this year is giving me the same joyously comic vibe as S4. Aliens, clones, fire breathing bikers, it should be completely absurd but everything is done with just the right level of seriousness, it's funny, but never silly.

Kinda hoping Fitzsimmons go on their own little drug tour during their journey home.

I didn't really like last season that much and I think that this season is an improvement for those stated reasons.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

You tube made him change it to Whang.

Who're you talking about? This was clearly about Pinyin Wāng Kěyíng AKA Chloe Wang, AKA Chloe Bennet. Known for her role as Marie Sue 'Skye' Poots AKA Daisy 'Quake' Johnson AKA Destroyer of Worlds. She has collected a lot of names.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 5, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I don't like Izel.

I like her design, but I liked doofy Davis more.

Come to think about it, why was Izel just napping when she was possessing him? Did she want to avoid conversation? Just imagine her pretending to sleep, while Piper kept nagging and pushing Davis, before putting a silly hat on him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, unless this is some diverting timeline, this would be early 1931. (Fun fact: Constructing the Empire State Building took only one year.)

Any guesses what they would want to do at this particular point in time? According to their internal logic, they can't actually change the past, so what could be the aim here.

Roughly, how old would Peggy Carter be at this time? I want to see Gemma drop her serious facade and become a swooning fangirl, when they happen to meet teenage Peggy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

You're both slightly off, Simmons did say that it was the tallest building in the world and there was also construction equipment around the top of it because it was still being built.

Yeah, it's still being built, but almost finished, so it would be 1931, since that place was pulled up between 1930 and 1931.
Unless they rebuilt the scaffolding for maintenance, I guess.

But then again, I might think about this more than the writers did.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 4, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Maybe they're just excited for Breaking2.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I think they go beyond Nazis because Hydra wants to kill everyone who isn't Hydra.

Daisy ; You're a nazi
Ward : I'm not a nazi!
Daisy : SHIELD Manual Page 1 "Hydra are Nazis".

I love that exchange. Yea maybe hydra predates Nazis but they did work with him, and that makes them nazis.

Hydra grifted the Nazis and embezzled their resources for their own schemes.
I don't actually believe that, but moral question: Is it okay to work with Nazis to steal from them?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

howe_sam posted:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1262812768710742021
This isn't entirely different from how Endgame described time travel.

These costumes look awful. People did run around like that, but I really dislike that style.

What a snipe. Bitching about the clothing trends of early last century.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 21, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I hope every era they're in has a Koenig.

That's what the future arc was missing!
Maybe they'll get back and it turns out that's who Deke's dad is.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

notthegoatseguy posted:

If that is the end of Enoch and the Oswalts story, I think that's a nice little ending for them as a final scene. I wouldn't mind seeing Hartley, Hunter, Idaho, and Bobbi one more time.

Enoch will be back. He's a patient one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

When Deke is sent in, I thought they were sending him in because he's got a trustworthy face, not just because he's white.

Nah, that guy really did not want to talk to a "sexy mamasita", "a boy", or "an oriental".

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah. The fact she had a massive panic attack when her emotions kicked back in just suggests bad PTSD.

I mean, she basically died at the hands of someone who looked like the man she loved. That's not going to be fun times for your brain.

Also, there's a robot running around who wears that guys face.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

Quick sidebar: why exactly are the Chronicom's trying to destroy SHIELD again? Something about a home planet, yeah?

And where did this time travel technology come from?

I've completely lost the plot on what's going on here, hate to say it.

Their home planet was destroyed and they want to get earth instead. That happened after a violent fraction took over and everyone with a job like Enoch was conscripted as a hunter.
They consider SHIELD a valiant foe, so they want to cheat and mess with time to nip it in the bud. Since they take note of every event in time, they know which threads they have to pluck, for maximum effect.
The Chronicoms seem to just have had that technology, but the old regime forbid it's use.
SHIELD has their time travelling technology from a Simmons who spent a considerable time on it and went back to catch up with them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Did anyone else notice that this episode sort of threw a wrench into the LMD-Simmons theory?
Mays weird super empathy was neutral to Coulson, but could pick up Gemmas science nerd giddiness.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, I feel really bad for Enoch. I hope the other Omnicrons don't get to him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I gotta say, Deke really managed to melt into the main cast quite well. Last season, he was more of a weirdo outsider, everyone treated as a liability. Now he has a bit more rapport with his teammates and can contribute stuff.
Maybe it's just the fact that Fitz isn't around to openly disdain him.

"Our beautiful daughter married some space goon and gave birth to a Deke."
By the way, what happened to Deke's mom? I vaguely remember she was sort of already around when last season ended. Is it implied that Jemma gave birth and left the baby with Fitz in the mean time?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 19, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
i am not aware of that reference, or what it signifies.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought for a minute at the end there that Yo-Yo was going to speed out of the ship with her powers, then have it jump, at which point she'd have to return to where she was standing before which would cause her to ???

I also thought that this might have happened. Maybe she sort of duplicated herself this way and the version which stayed in that time is going to show up and safe someone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

haha look at this old-fashioned stuff.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Medullah posted:

And y'all thought I was crazy a few weeks ago for suggesting it. :D

Just because the writers agree it doesn't have to be sane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Was that the same cross which the agents used to play a fatal game of hot potato? I don't actually remember the exact circumstances, but there was a vision where the one who had it would die in a space shuttle and it kept switching hands.
That thing was cursed!