Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Comfortable him into the afterlife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As predicted, Meaty Ore doesn't last a day. Whatever happened in that wagon tip was loving rough.

You can choose not to bury a body, but it does nothing but tank your morale.

We have no fruit or vegetables and are running low on food in general. Gotta get some greens.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Going to go with a. Eat all the dandelions, that seems the most logical thing to do.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

B looks like asparagus. Take it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Red berries I can’t immediately identify? Eat C, too.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
A, B, C

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

A and B. Dump the rest.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
C looks like sumac, which should be safe (poison sumac has green/white berries.) Eat everything anyway.

Kodos666
Dec 17, 2013
B and D the first one is probably sone wild asparagus, and the latter are nettles, you can turn them into soup (which actually doesn't tast like pain).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Seyser Koze posted:

C looks like sumac, which should be safe (poison sumac has green/white berries.) Eat everything anyway.

Can't be sumac, from what I remember that stuff only grows in Eastern U.S.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
In our delirious mourning, eat all of them.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Mraagvpeine posted:

Can't be sumac, from what I remember that stuff only grows in Eastern U.S.

Eat everything anyway. :colbert:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Yes, especially A, them dandelions are good eats

I don't trust D so throw it away

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I think the red berries should be thrown away, but the others are probably edible.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Vavrek posted:

I have no idea what C is, pretty sure the other three are all good, so let's roll the dice and get chomping.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Vavrek posted:

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Sounds good to me.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Vavrek posted:

:emptyquote:

Also, since we’re about to totally wipe the expedition anyways, I would like to see the “gently caress it, leave the corpse in the road and keep going” option rather than a polite burial.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Vavrek posted:

The plants or the people?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Pierzak posted:

The plants or the people?

u gotta save people for the mountains

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Our votes:

Keep
1: 11
2: 12
3: 10
4: 8

Throw Out
1: 3
2: 2
3: 4
4: 7

We narrowly vote to eat everything! Let's see what we've got.

The dandelion-like plant was salsify; turns out we were looking at the little yellow flower down there to positively identify it! Yellow salsify roots and stems are edible.

We correctly identified wild asparagus!

The berries were indeed smooth sumac, which grows all the way to northeastern Mexico. Pink lemonade originated from adding sumac berries to lemonade, and it can also be used to make a fruit beverage by itself.

And in one last correct identification, we have stinging nettle! Nettle soup is common in all areas that nettles grow, especially the former Soviet Union where it became a common food during famine.

We continue on with about a dozen pounds of vegetables and berries to divide between us.

And immediately encounter another incline!

Dakona
May 3, 2014
Use chains or ropes. This wagon has already got a kill count no need to add to it.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Is this where the Little Dutch Boy's body decayed?

Team up the hill!

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019
D O U B L E T E A M

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Doubleteam up the hill.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Doubleteam

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Double-team

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As usual, double-teaming makes it up.

Now for the down.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just go as-is. We’ve already sated whatever bloodthirsty deity is out there with the life of one of us, so that should make us good in their books for the rest of the journey.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Is it ever a good idea to lock the wheels and just ski down? Because it sounds like a terrible idea and I always want to give it a try on these muddy hills. (This is not a formal vote.)

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Can you die from severe injuries only or literally anything if the RNG fails you? "X has died from cuts and scrapes".

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Well, our fruit and veggies sure didn't last long. As for the hill, good old ropes or chains should see us down.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

tomanton posted:

Can you die from severe injuries only or literally anything if the RNG fails you? "X has died from cuts and scrapes".

I mean it's not unlikely to die from a cut if it gets infected in a time before antibiotics.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Lock the wheels and let's go muddin'!

If we don't do it now, when are we? Muddy and steep seems like the best time!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Just continue down the hill. It'd muddy so I'm sure we'll just slide down instead of getting stuck if we lock the wheels.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Locking the wheels is quicker when it's slicker.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Gimme the ole' Rope and Chain

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
This second run is so much more fun than the first.

Lock the wheels, I think Meaty would've wanted it that way.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Carbon dioxide posted:

I mean it's not unlikely to die from a cut if it gets infected in a time before antibiotics.

This is the fate of George Donner, he cut himself while they were making camp as they got snowed in in the Sierra Nevadas. It turned gangrenous and, welp, he didn't make it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
My memory could be bad as I'm climbing back decades, but I recall having the original OT on the computer in maths class when I was in primary school in England back in the 80s. Firstly, OT1 really got around*. Secondly, my classmates and I learned from this game that the US was incredibly wide on the East-West access and also very hostile. My mum's American and I had visited, but they didn't seem to believe me when I said that the US had petrol-powered cars and other modern amenities. As for the enormous width of the country, I can't really argue as an Englishman; the average person could walk from Cornwall to Ipswich in a few days.

*We also had WITWICarman Sandiego, and for years I thought that she was a real person for whom the eponymous city was named.