Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Goodguy3 posted:

What else does the game tell us about the hill's conditions ?

It changes the text in the message box to how dangerous the hill looks, which is to say, what's on screen right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'd say a run where we always do the worst possible options during illness and injuries but then we'd be dead forty miles from Independence

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I think we've earned a break, let's rest for the maximum amount of time.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

JustJeff88 posted:

Apparently adventurers and guides have to make larger, more comprehensive decisions, but I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I didn't even notice - what setting were you playing on in the first game that went so well? I keep forgetting that the player is technically one wagon among many.

The difference between Greenhorn and Adventurer/Trail Guide is that a Greenhorn can't make decisions about which way to go on forks; it's all automatic. The first playthrough was done on Adventurer, so we've always had choices in the LP.

Anyways, caulk the wagons.