Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

So, would you say that Oregon was basically the most expensive DLC available in the 19th century for the popular game "let's build a living in America"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry, but I need to call out the historical accuracy on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgW5l-mWrJY

Is that captain dude supposed to be black or just incredibly sun-tanned?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

My guess is, if it walks into the quicksand, gets stuck and dies, at least you didn't lose a healthy oxen.

In other words, it's a canary.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

tomanton posted:

Can you die from severe injuries only or literally anything if the RNG fails you? "X has died from cuts and scrapes".

I mean it's not unlikely to die from a cut if it gets infected in a time before antibiotics.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Incidentally, I don't recommend taking a year & three months to reach your destination, having everyone in your party but you die(mostly of freezing to death, because you don't have matches to light fires with), and also get stuck in the Sierra Nevadas for months thanks to being snowbound/having to trade away all but two of your oxen for spare wagon parts & a length of chain(surprise, there is a mountain you literally can't get past without ropes or chains) and then having to trade away your remaining money so you have enough oxen to move again.

Morale is high.