Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Commander Keene posted:

We should be '49ers, starting out in April of 1849, headed to Oregon to pan for gold in the Rocky Mountain foothills.

I also vote for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

MagusofStars posted:

Sacramento
The majority vote on year seemed pretty clear that the whole intent of leaving in 1850 was to be a late-comer to the gold rush, so this seems pretty obvious.

Independence, MO
According to Wikipedia, this city is nicknamed the "Queen of the Trails" because all the major trails went through here. Sounds good.

Large Wagon
No real reason, so just picking the middle ground.

Gunsmith
The namesake of our brave leader, Commander Keene, carries a raygun at all times. Seems appropriate. Also, from a meta-gaming perspective, this gives a nice starting pile of money; let's not jump too far into the deep end in game 1.

Adventurer
Making dumb decisions, getting fired halfway and then spending months criticizing our successor for his decisions? That's the most American way to handle things!

This sounds good to me as well.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Ain't no party like a Donner Party, cause at a Donner Party, everything's on the menu!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Well, that sounds encouraging.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Rest a while. I'm not biased at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Yay, I didn't die!

...oh no, I'm going to die horribly in the next run now!