Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
All caught up and only one death throughout this whole time?! Amateurs. I used to name my kids after the seven virtues, and then when one died go off hunting and murder the gently caress out of any animal I could find in a rampage of grief.

DOUBLETEAM

JustJeff88 posted:

I missed something on this run... you started the game with gently caress-all moneys because you're a teacher and, as I can attest, they earn shite wages. You spent most of it at the start of the game as per usual, but you've stopped at a few shops along the way and you had a bunch of money again... what did I miss? Seriously not taking the piss; I'm genuinely confused. I thought that the point of the low-money professions was to spend all of the player's money at the start of the game and then have to get by with tuppence in the pocket and eating sand for nourishment.

Yeah, I'm not sure how we got so much money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Toss, Eat, Eat, Toss

I can't believe double-teaming failed us, and I can't believe we lost our rifle!!!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Incidentally, I don't recommend taking a year & three months to reach your destination, having everyone in your party but you die(mostly of freezing to death, because you don't have matches to light fires with), and also get stuck in the Sierra Nevadas for months thanks to being snowbound/having to trade away all but two of your oxen for spare wagon parts & a length of chain(surprise, there is a mountain you literally can't get past without ropes or chains) and then having to trade away your remaining money so you have enough oxen to move again.

You better have named yourself Job.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

ROCK CHALK SUCK MY CAULK.

Also seconding trading for a gun.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I think we're good to eat everything this time around.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

CAULK IT!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

It's 39 feet across. We'll be fine if we FORD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Can't stay here, can't go back. Caulk and float on through.