Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

it's a consolation prize for maths drop-outs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i was just too stupid to pass partial differential equations 2

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

yard salad posted:

i nerver got a cs degree. the only difference i think this has made is that i use the yellow yospos theme

a cautionary tale for the ages

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

my friend's current cs professor is extremely extra
first day's assignment was get 100% on two quizzes
on top of that on the first day review of his project the professor was like "i'm disappointed how little progress you guys have made. all you have done is connect on slack and one of you installed visual studio. you will not be making anything in c# so why did they install visual studio? are you even clear of the project goals? you should have [designed algorithm] by now. i look forward to your report tomorrow showing much more promise for your team"

my friend said his team didn't get any info on what they were doing and when he asked for the project specification the professor linked him 8 hours of video of the professor explaining it

this is all still in the first day

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

my CS senior design/capstone project made me work with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and computer engineers to build a robot that could climb a rope and detect a round red target on the ground ~25ft away and hit it with darts.

we were given nothing to start with, and the school shelled out a few hundred bucks per team for materials.

it was a good school. i mean, it was a local public university that i commuted to, but it ruled.

that owns