Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

graph posted:

one of my cs profs was so bad it took them an entire class to explain what big o was

also the jump from cs 101 to cs 201 was :pwn:

it's not appropriate for professors to talk about the big o with students

Sweevo posted:

the guy who taught my assembly programming class didn't understand that numbers were binary inside the registers.

the first assignment was to write a function that took a number and constructed a string showing the binary representation. he got pissy when mine was about a dozen lines of shifts and checking flags instead of the page-long divide + remainder algorithm he was so pleased with

i was pleasantly surprised the other day when i explained a couple of bitwise operations to one of my better arduino students and he got it and was able to implement them correctly in his project.

your story makes me angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

if you learned version in control in school you went to a poo poo school

i learned it in school from my classmates