Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I’ve been working through Morrison’s run on Doom Patrol while watching the show, I can’t get over just how weird and beautiful and funny and gross and generally good it all is.

After getting conversational about it in the questions thread a couple of months ago, I decided to go ahead with a full Doom Patrol read through myself. I'm at the very end of the New 52 series with only the Young Animal series to go. But I was going to wait until I finished the whole thing before I posted about it. Doom Patrol is funky because there are only eight writers across its entire 50 year history so it's really easy to break into distinct chunks: Drake, Kupperberg, Morrison, Pollack, Arcudi, Byrne, Giffen (with help for a while from DeMatteis), and Way. So you get these changes of direction with each writer adding a little bit more to the mix.

I'm also starting read throughs of some 2000AD series with Nemesis the Warlock and ABC Warriors since I picked up some of the collections. I've only read a few chapters of each so far, though, .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU