Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Goons, my in-laws are visiting from overseas. They’ve expressed some interest in playing a board game to pass the time at the house. However, I don’t share a common language with them. Are there any decent 2-4 player board games that could be explained to them by my wife, but wouldn’t be hampered by our inability to communicate as smoothly as native speakers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Azul? Light-to-mediumweight set collection game whose main gameplay is taking/moving tiles from the central offering to your board.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Blokus (4 person aggressive Tetris) or Carcassonne (little map making tiles) are both excellent.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Patchwork is a really good 2 player game where you try to arrange the most complete quilt. There's minimal rules text, and no text at all in the game itself - once you learn the rules you can play in complete silence if you want. It's definitely only 2 players though.