Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
What was he doing to the old revolver? Was the cylinder not spinning, or was the timing of the cylinder off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

porfiria posted:

I thought it fit with the whole Rockabilly phone line operators aesthetic.

I also hated "Guns. Lots of guns." Like, go for the cheesy reference if you want but don't literally use the same line, it's nowhere near obscure enough.

The director was Keanu Reeves' stunt double in The Matrix and Laurence Fishburne is there so they probably held back on using that cheesy line as long as they could.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

I thought it was santino’s completed marker?

Winston doesn't specify. For all we know, it could be a marker for Winston owing John a favor from way back when.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

I like that part. The part that I didn't really much care for was dealing with the armored up Table goon squad. Other than the pretty good joke of having to go back to get shotguns, it felt much more tedious and generally pointless and belief stretching than anything else. By that point in the movie I was kinda genuinely over watching john wick turn someone upside down and shoot them in the head/neck.

The way I think about it is that if you give John Wick a gun, you know he's gonna kill everyone in the room in 2 seconds. So they gave him opponents that he could shoot endlessly until he can get close enough to exploit a weak point.

Edit: Why does it seem like John Wick's aim goes to poo poo when he's trying to shoot someone through glass?

poonchasta fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 16, 2019