Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah Mark Dacascos is awesome in this. Hard to believe he's 55.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The whole assassin ecosystem seems generally pretty tattoo friendly, given the phone operators

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Lance Reddick getting to own some motherfuckers firsthand was awesome. If they do end up making that Continental show he should be prominent in it.

Edit: Also bring back Franco Nero for the TV show. Every global outpost of the Continental should have its own local genre star was the manager.

Hong Kong - Chow Yun Fat
Tokyo - Tadanobu Asano
Barcelona - Antonio Banderas

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 23, 2019

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Dacascos sitting right next to Wick in the continental waiting area is my second favorite comedy bit in the John Wick films, behind Viggo's deadpan "Oh..." when he learns that it was John Wick's car at the chop shop.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I love Man of Tai Chi. Keanu gives a wild performance as the villain, which I feel like he doesn’t get to do too often.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I said come in! posted:

Watched today and liked it a lot, but the cliffhanger ending was really annoying.

I will say I felt the same, mostly because at the end of 2 I was like “hell yeah in the next movie John Wick is gonna gently caress up the entire assassin organization” and then that doesn’t happen in 3 and 3 leaves me with the same feeling as 2. I want him to gently caress them up already!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My immediate question after that exchange was "I wonder how many times he's had to ask that?"

Probably only to Wick, because presumably he’s the only one capable enough to pull it off.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
JW1 also has that Marilyn Manson music cue that feels like it was pulled straight out of the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
More than anything Denzel seems to latch on to directors he likes working with and basically do whatever with them. 4 or 5 movies each with Antoine Fuqua, Tony Scott, Spike Lee, etc.