Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Basebf555 posted:

While the action was as great as ever, and probably even better than John Wick 2, this one is definitely going to be a line in the sand for some people. It definitely goes waaaaay farther over the top than the previous two movies, but that's mostly in a select few moments so it wasn't a huge issue for me. Early on I was pretty worried when Wick killed two dudes by getting a horse to kick them in the face, but there wasn't a whole lot of the Looney Tunes kinda stuff after that.

It also felt a lot more gruesome than the others. In my theater there were definitely people who weren't prepared for Wick to go to town on the big guy's face and neck with the book in the opening fight scene. Lots of gasps on that one.

The action tops the first two, though I really hope this doesn't time into just another perpetual action franchise. I'll be happy as long as Iko Uwais is in the next John Wick movie and they conclude the story already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

poonchasta posted:

What was he doing to the old revolver? Was the cylinder not spinning, or was the timing of the cylinder off?

Assembling the revolver and listening to the barrel clicking as it rolled was a reference to a scene from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6E3d-cULBY