Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I haven't seen it yet, but since it seems to set up a 4th film, I'm glad there's a chance for Common to come back. His fight with John Wick in 2 is great, and the absurd amount of stairs they fall down always cracks me up.

They don't mention he's dead in this movie or anything, do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It is hard to compare the two, and yet... The Raid is better.

(Dredd still rules)

Also, I've seen a lot of The Raid 2 dismissal recently. Not in this thread in particular, but still, I feel like I have to mention how loving good it is. A lot of people complain about the length and the crime movie plot feeling kinda basic, but they both work like gangbusters for me. Especially the length, because it just means it's loaded with amazing fight scenes.

The Raid 2 literally has a fight scene that was cut out that looks like this:

https://vimeo.com/90092972

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I think it was just a case of two similar movies coming out at the same time. "Cops infiltrating a drug dealer's fortified apartment complex" kinda seems specific, but they were basically filmed simultaneously.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CVagts posted:

Loved this movie.

Thing about the very end: I know people who are 100% convinced that Winston straight-up betrayed John to get back in the good graces of the High Table. This is ludicrous to me. Among the other tidbits that everyone else has caught and pointed out, the capper for me was when he said "how far can he get?" to the Adjudicator after being told that Wick is gone. Winston knows better.

Whether or not John knew, it seemed pretty obvious that Winston was "sparing" John by shooting him over the edge. Winston is definitely not on the side of the High Table, but he's keeping poo poo open.