Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

you better get that glass. It looks sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mentioned this in genchat, but did the musical score kinda strike anyone else as a little wet-fart-y compared to the first two? Like, the first two movies have loving amazing scores and this one's is... just kinda okay.

The final battle reused the same score from the second one’s final battle.

Also no La Castle Vania.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

loving exactly I want an assassin tournament arc

It legit made me low key mad that this movie didn't have a new song like that and just kinda reused the one from 2

I mean that one owned but still, this movie deserved a little better from Tyler Bates, it really just felt like a rehash of 2's score

(also no Le Castle Vania sucked, they better bring him back in 4)

All three moves had the same motif or theme whatever you want to call it.

This one reused cues but even if it didn’t I’d still use the John wick theme a whole lot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He looks weary because his character has been fighting everyone for like 2 weeks straight

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes! John Wick killed the Avengers!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just got this message from the John Wick text thing

You have served. You will be of service. John Wick: Chapter 4 is coming - May 21, 2021.

:eyepop:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is like that bit from Last Action Hero.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Raid stole Dredd's script, sort of yeah? Dredd came out after, but was shot way before The Raid got made. Either way the similarities are really similar.

Both films open with the villain of the complex killing bad drug dealers/or enemies. Both films have the exact same scene where the villain locks down the place, and sends anyone to take down the cops. Both films have a "the police were bad" twist. Both films have a big fight in a drug factory.

I haven't watched them back to back in a while, but I'm sure there's more.

I want to give it to Dredd for being a better movie. I honestly like The Raid 2 a little bit more than 1.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pew pew

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Some guy next to me asked questions here and there during the movie, because he apparently thought 3 was 2 so he was mega confused.

This person was also confused Elton John, of all people was getting a film, because “I didn’t think he was that popular...”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s the full on theme in 1. It’s been the John Wick theme since the first scene of the movie.