Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wish Keanu just went by his real name in these movies, making this the "Keanu Reeves" trilogy because Keanu owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Chow Yun-fat needs to be the final boss imo. John Wick 4: Hard Boiled

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Surprised my parents for a Memorial Day movie/lunch and decided to go see this. Holy gently caress this movie owns. Attack puppers were my favorite part. Hope to see them good Belgian bois again in Chapter 4 :3:

And yeah, I need a Sophia spin-off. Make it a John Wick shared universe movie, Hollywood. You cowards.

Also, Chow Yun-fat needs to be one of the elders. And Jet Li. Get Jackie Chan and Donnie Yen to join Wick's high table hit squad. Add Carrie-Ann Moss too.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 27, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Was anyone able to catch the names of Sofia's dogs? I can't find anything online, but I remember them sounding exotic.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Could also be a blank one too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Celebrities have access to nutritional information and skin care that we won’t see for literal decades.

Halle Berry follows a keto diet apparently. I'd guess in combination with intermittent fasting. I did strict keto (< 15 carbs a day) for like a year and had pretty insane results; I looked and felt better than I ever had sticking to it. Strict keto isn't sustainable though, imo. Carb cycling is where it's at.

[edit] vvv If I were rich enough and had a personal chef, keto would be way easier lol; steak with compound butter and grilled vegetables everyday would be so easy for me hah.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 8, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pussy Quipped posted:

I think I read somewhere that the entire desert/elder sequence exists because Keanu had a dream/idea of John wick wandering through a desert in a suit and the director said hell yeah let’s do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbtcYPgoBLM

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I enjoyed the Elder scene because it veers the worldbuilding into "videogame" style lore and plays it serious. I love it. It's totally absurd that the one guy above the High Table is just out there in the middle of the desert, and then when we meet him, he goes on a small exposition dump detailing the Persian/Syrian origin of assassins lol. It owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pussy Quipped posted:

I think I just expected him to be older. But maybe he’s just an ageless immortal being?

Probably a title, passed down. Could be bloodline too I guess?