Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

504 posted:

Ah, another in the line of "thrilling action" movies where the indestructible, perfect at everything, never in the slightest danger hero slaughters unending hordes of automatic weapon wielding baddies by doing impossible things and only being shot where hes wearing magic body armor.

Hes back from his permanent retirement. Again. Again.

So basically you are trying a pissweak troll while making it perfectly clear you have never actually see a John Wick film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

^^^

Correct, ammo didnt fit so he changed the barrel.

gently caress that was some movie. Utter batshit insane from start to finish

Good but not great -

The final Ninja clan fight felt a bit off. It seemed like John was going to get his rear end handed to him then he became Super Ninja himself and really was given too much respite

Music - no Le Castle Vania? BOOOOOOOOOO

Great -

However to me the way Wick started to really fight back seemed to me that we saw the return of the real John Wick as he was before he got out. So this to me was the return of the Baba Yaga that scared the poo poo out of everyone - up till then he was the John Wick that had retired and wasnt quite what he was. And of course right at the cliffhanger ending, we now see the man you send to kill the loving boogeyman fully realised, angry and ready to rain absolute hell on the High Table.

The opening action sequence was absolutly insane (Horse kicks, knife throwing, death by book), the Casablanca scene (Hooooly poo poo those dogs hate dicks, I could watch that scene over and over again) and Wick vs the High Table armoured goon squads. Major props to Lance Reddick and Halle Berry for holding their own action-wise

Stuntwork gently caress me batshit insane

Cinematogaphy was just next level. Say what you will but the visuals continue to be stunning

Overall absolutly loved it and I cant wait for whatever's next in this incredible gift to action movies.

Edit : One thing I noticed that suprised me was the theatre wasnt filled with 20ish year olds. It was a much older and also female leaning audience I really thought the 70+ year old lady that set next to us was in the wrong theatre but nope, she was hollering along with the action. I got the feeling this may make a lot more money than anyone was expecting.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 17, 2019

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Strange Poon posted:

Did anyone else feel that with the escalation of the number / strength of people and John Wick being able to disappear and re-appear / surviving the long fall, even if it's not exactly supernatural, it's showing that he's getting back into his groove? To me it was like, In 1 he's coming out of retirement and shaking the dust off but by the end of 3 he's starting to show signs that he is almost "Baba Yaga" again.

Winston pretty much confirms this at the end with his "Baba Yaga". The Boogeyman is now truly back and he is coming to gently caress up everyone

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I just watched JW2 like 3 days ago and we aren’t really given a sense of what Santino joining the table will do. It’s implied that it’s a dick move, certainly, but I imagine the High Table is basically in a constant state of musical chairs (but with murder instead of Pop! goes the Weasel). Also anyone who cares enough will just see “John Wick went to Italy, need Dinner Reservations for... 64” and be like “ugh I really hope that is not my problem”

It's implied through what Wick says to the Bowery King that Santino will take everything in New York for his own using the power of the High Table by whatever means. Exactly like Santino uses Wick to gain his seat at the Table in the first place

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

plester1 posted:

CG to remove the film crews, check this poo poo out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1loWHOfKKI

At first I was disappointed. I was so sure it was some sort of amazing camera trick.

But the more I actually dig into it.... fuuuuuuuuuuuck thats just pure mind boggling the level of detail and planning they did to place the cameras exactly where they had to be to be and then the actual CGI just perfectly seamless and flawless with even mirrors that reflect on more mirrors that are already distorted so they get even more distorted with even more reflections and scuff marks too and just OWWW my loving head this is even MORE impressive

Basebf555 posted:

With everything going on I definitely didn't notice how complex the mirrors setup was in the theater, but yea I remember when I finally got my hands on the blu ray and I sat down to watch it for the first time, the implications of that scene and how crazy it must've been to film clicked and I was like "yea.....I'm gonna be watching this movie an obscene number of times".

This is what makes John Wick movies so drat rewatchable. First pass view is great but then you look closely and the absolute level of detail and even symbolism they keep throwing into the back ground to freezeframe and explore. Even things like the one handed press check in JW2 - looks like a stupid showoff move but nope turns out its actually real and of course someone like Wick would know about it and know exactly when to use it.

Cant wait f or the Blu-ray JW3 and just oogle it again