Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If every crime person in the world is part of the super high table crime death league with their honor blood codes who the gently caress is getting assassinated that everyone is a murderbot?

Movie was great though and I lost my poo poo laughing a lot. The turn to slapstick ultraviolence is welcome if we’re gonna goof troop up the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dredd passing Anderson at the end despite failing on paper is a pretty big moment of growth for dang Judge Dredd’s first shootmans action movie.

I watched Mark Dacascos in Drive last night and it’s like the asylum films version of Rush Hour. Like somebody could emulate the shots from Jackie Chan movies but understand literally nothing else about what makes them entertaining.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 1, 2019

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hand Knit posted:

It's a great punchline, because Dredd's 'growth' is recognizing that Anderson was still perfectly efficient at torturing and killing people even without a gun. In that, it captures the first Obama term exceedingly well.

Anderson is the living avatar of enhanced interrogation techniques. I don't understand how people watch Dredd and just see Raid + guns.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hand Knit posted:

I mean, it's pretty easy to understand. The plots are pretty similar. I'm not gonna begrudge anyone for not going with "well obviously one is a satire about how enforcement-centred legalism undermines legal authority whereas the other is about finding positive reasons to live (as opposed to merely survive) in the face of omnipresent death."

I hold people in cined to a higher standard for some dumb reason.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm hoping it pays off when the final scene of JW4 after he's murdered all the high table is him showing up there to get his ring back. Or something. They seem to be good at set ups and payoffs over multiple movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It was so quaint that a major secondary character was a mechanic or Wick’s mentor once upon a time and not Prince Assassin of Marrakesh or someshit