Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That fight in the antique shop was one of the best fighting action scenes I've ever seen. Also, I too noticed Keanu getting slow in the fight w the Raid dudes. There was one moment where he was super slowly open palm slapping them that felt like a goofy outtake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
At this point, the story is a waste of time. I don't care about the high table, or some elder weirdo, or the adjudication poo poo and it's wishy washy judgments, or some other rear end in a top hat mogul who makes coins and has... some kind of power?, or any other hierarchy in he mythology that makes this feel like pure fantasy bogged down by too much poo poo. Keep it simple. Assassin fucks up and has to fight his way out of it, boom, over.

What I would have liked to see is Wick, now without the aid of the continental privileges had to rely on ingenuity alone for the entire movie. Maybe introduce a character or two who are completely unaware of all this syndicate soap opera bullshit (i.e., normal bystanders) and help Wick, and get caught up in the storm, a-la Bourne Identity. The first 30 mins or so we're like this, and I really wanted the rest of the movie to just keep going in that vein. Instead, we get Halle Berry, another continental owner, who waltzes Wick into the inner sanctum on the flimsiest of pretenses within 15 mins. Meh. Still a fun time, some moments are amazing, and overall the action is better than JW2, but as a whole it always seems just shy of greatness.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It's a vintage 60's chess set designed by Austin Cox for ALCOA aluminum. It ain't cheap.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The next one should take a cue from Game of Death/Raid/Dredd and lock Wick in a building with the High Table on the top floor and 1000 goons of increasing difficulty between them.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

porfiria posted:

I thought the person that played the Adjudicator was dire, acting wise.

Same. They're playing the role exactly the same as in Billions, which is also grating as hell.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The director said that they'd shoot sometimes 12-13 hours of fight footage in a day and he'd occasionally leave in the takes that were messy because it's more real.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Discendo Vox posted:

Right at the start of the Zero fight there’s a bit where he has wick dead to rights and just...pulls the sword back. It’s really lousy.

You're talking about when he has the blade to Keanu's throat and Keanu just... walks right into it, so Decascos starts backing up. I loved that moment, it's a total psych-out power move that throws off the aggressor. You'll see it in boxing from time to time, and most of the time the opponent reacts the same way.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Keanu's the realest.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Now that's how you use CG, drat.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I thought I preferred the JW1 pacing until I did a rewatch with all 3 and realized holy poo poo these get better with each movie, what was I thinking. I'm kinda all in on the craziness now.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I found the whole hotel fight with the assassin chick up to Dafoe double crossing Vigo to be a slog. When I thought back on JW1, I thought of the home invasion, Vigo talking about the boogeyman, the club shootout, and Wick fighting Vigo in the rain. I had completely forgot about most of the middle portion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
perhaps a better analogy is that article is just like john wick himself because it's killing all of my brain cells