Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I enjoyed JW3, and will probably watch as many of these as they make. Dacascos was amazing.

2 and even moreso 3 still suffer from the weird movie logic where bad guys don't exist until they enter the frame. I feel like JW1 did this better. This time it's people popping in or around a corner and then running at John as fast as possible instead of maybe backing up and shooting. Yeah, yeah, dumb poo poo and the movie's full of it, but this one always bugs me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I get it, I used to laugh a bit at Bruce Lee movies as a kid. More that JW1 did this pretty well, JW2 and 3 do not, especially in comparison.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I think the first movie is actually the worst in terms of people literally running at John instead of backing up, or even just staying still and using their gun. The sequence in the club has a lot of parts where people who have guns decide to run up to John so that he can do some fancy move on them and then shoot them. Why are they running up to him? Why not shoot him? Because it's cooler if they run up to him. If you keep your eyes open for it, I think you'll notice it much more in JW1 than 2 or 3. That at least was the impression I got when I rewatched 1 and 2 before 3. I haven't rewatched 3 but my recollection is that it has much less "people with guns decide they need to be close enough to lick the Wick rather than just shooting at him."

I'll watch it again. Might have been the rose-tint in action.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I hope JW4 is more like JW1, but I know it won't be. 1 is basically perfect, and I like the opening bit of 2, but after Santino shows up, it really loses me for the duration. That continues into 3 until Dacascos shows up and I appreciate the effort and staging of the final slugfest.

We'll see.