Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

flashy_mcflash posted:

Fishburne is one of the best-written characters in the genre

A frequently used phrase at work, such as if someone wins a scratch ticket or finds like a 20 they left in their pocket, is, of course, "WE GOIN' TO APPLEBEES TONIGHT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Just saw this. Extremely entertaining. That knife fight had the whole theater cracking up. Is it just me or did they take some inspiration from Assassin's Creed? JW is already pretty videogamey in a lot of aspects, might as well borrow elements from specific ones.

Also Lawrence Fishbourne continues to be a gem.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also this is the first movie I've seen this many times in a week since The Force Awakens back in 2015. I just can't get enough!

Hello fellow Force Awakens lover buddy.

Also maybe I'm easier to entertain than most but I didn't find any particular section of the movie lacking. Every new sequence stayed relatively interesting, and I didn't really feel the length of the movie either, with the exception of the big finale, which I felt went on just a few minutes too long.

Wick and Charon barging back into the armory for more guns was hilarious. They're just so FRUSTRATED

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Lumbermouth posted:

Isn’t it the same style of knife that the main character from The Man From Nowhere used?

The villain's main heavy did, yes. The protagonist used a regular combat knife. The extremely cool fight in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz-Sn3fiSxw&t=348s

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Strange Poon posted:

Did anyone else feel that with the escalation of the number / strength of people and John Wick being able to disappear and re-appear / surviving the long fall, even if it's not exactly supernatural, it's showing that he's getting back into his groove? To me it was like, In 1 he's coming out of retirement and shaking the dust off but by the end of 3 he's starting to show signs that he is almost "Baba Yaga" again.

I didn't even think of that! That's cool. I hope that's what they were going for. Either way it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Basebf555 posted:

90% of Morocco is the Halle Berry stuff, which was great. The scene where he's wandering the desert and then meets the Elder is like 10 minutes, hardly anything I think is worth complaining about.

For real, I'm honestly baffled at the reaction to the desert parts of the movie, you'd think it was Electroma or loving Gerry or something. John shows up, fights some dudes, talks to Halle Berry, meets a new guy, badass action sequence with dogs and guns, John meets the Elder, then goes right back to New York where he gets into a motorcycle sword fight. What is the god drat problem?