Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Pity :gas:.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i could probably run apple better than steve jobs at this point

VitoVan
May 11, 2019

I love my computer more than anyone! Holy fuck!
don't like to be MAJOR, small and efficient will be quite good.

VitoVan
May 11, 2019

major company always heading to suck

VitoVan
May 11, 2019

VitoVan posted:

maybe the small one is heading to suck as well, but in a very slow pace and far far away from that.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

VitoVan posted:

maybe the small one is heading to suck as well, but in a very slow pace and far far away from that.

Interesting take—maybe the best approach is to keep companies small before they get too big?

VitoVan
May 11, 2019

Chill Callahan posted:

Interesting take—maybe the best approach is to keep companies small before they get too big?

I think we better keep it small, maybe count(employee) <= 42

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
if i were executive, i'd put all the employees in charge so yes op

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I am a VP and run things quite well tyvm

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

sure lots of people really dislike me and avoid me at all costs but I can get them fired so it doesn't bother me

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

VitoVan posted:

I think we better keep it small, maybe count(employee) <= 42

Haha a little bit of nerd humor :cheeky:

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i am CEO and president of a small startup known as Google. perchance uve heard of it

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

no

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

yes op I will run Facebook for 1/2 pay and then shut it down

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I would fire everyone at google that doesn’t work on search, ads, Gmail, or maps.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ceos dont actually do anything, so yes.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I would make an iPhone with a big battery and non-slippery case, and a small one for whiny babies. no headphone jack though.

I’d make a MacBook Pro with a non-lovely keyboard, no Touch Bar, and proper cooling.

I would make a Mac Pro that is a large tower with lots of PCIe slots, storage slots, ram slots, and big cooling fans. it would not be made out of a 30 pound aluminum block.

I would make a Mac mini that was cheap and had easy to access memory and storage to upgrade. see intel nuc for an example that this is possible.

I would make an iMac with a desktop chipset and gpu and real cooling that isn’t so thin in the back for no reason. it would have easily upgradable storage and ram.

I would fire everyone on the Siri team. I would fire eddy cue and raze his org.

vote The Management for Apple’s next CEO

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i would design a revolutionary system of vape pen batteries to make car go fast, then license it to someone who knows how to make cars

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

it's a pretty low bar

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016443130017505280

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

pity bump

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

put me in charge of apple, i can destroy steve's legacy faster than timb can

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
what, do you not?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

VitoVan posted:

are you sure that’s not course over ground and not heading

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

I reply to recruiters who contact me unsolicited to say that I’m only interested in VP to C level roles at this point in my career

they’ve started to say things like “I’ll talk to the founders and see what they’re open to”

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

there are also the ones that get indignant and foot-stompy when I say I’m only interested in working for tech companies, not advertising companies

animist
Aug 28, 2018

eschaton posted:

there are also the ones that get indignant and foot-stompy when I say I’m only interested in working for tech companies, not advertising companies

:discourse:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if I was CEO of Apple I would have the balls to say "thin is out, phat is in"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

I would make an iPhone with a big battery and non-slippery case, and a small one for whiny babies. no headphone jack though.

I’d make a MacBook Pro with a non-lovely keyboard, no Touch Bar, and proper cooling.

I would make a Mac Pro that is a large tower with lots of PCIe slots, storage slots, ram slots, and big cooling fans. it would not be made out of a 30 pound aluminum block.

I would make a Mac mini that was cheap and had easy to access memory and storage to upgrade. see intel nuc for an example that this is possible.

I would make an iMac with a desktop chipset and gpu and real cooling that isn’t so thin in the back for no reason. it would have easily upgradable storage and ram.

I would fire everyone on the Siri team. I would fire eddy cue and raze his org.

vote The Management for Apple’s next CEO

i will

"under new management"

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Apple has made lots of money so I would continue their good work and have the courage to put an octocore i9 and dedicated graphics into the new macbook air

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Great idea! The 15" MacBook has to thermal throttle with its fans on max as it is. The 12" with a few extra cores and a discrete GPU should easily be able to outperform even the latest raspberry pi!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like what is so hard about the os bringing up some kind of window saying

code:
this thing you're doing is processor intensive. 
I can either run slowly and cool, or try to run as fast as possible but fans n poo poo will kick in. 
you can change this setting at any time. 
life is always a compromise between cool and calm and fast and fanny. 
in fact you can choose compromising options somewhere in the middle too. 
we respect you as a user, and believe you are intelligent enough to know the difference,
and the value of each of the options, and that you can choose what you want, 
and ultimately, this illusion of choice (free will is a bankrupt concept), will make you happy 

- Apple, think different

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i want a nanny state in both my technology and personal life. apple built a wall around the app store 10 years ago, and finally big government is catching up. (apple) tax me like the pay pig i am. oink oink.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I would take over HP and make their consumer computers have a proprietary PSU, storage interface and expansion slots.

It’ll be user serviceable but the case will have ridiculous riser cards and razor sharp steel edges all over and you’ll have to order parts direct from us.

I’d keep using Intel processors, but it’ll be all Itanium from here on out. I’ll update OpenVMS with a nice enough looking interface and minimum viable office suite to fool your parents and grandparents into buying one.

I’ll burn through a ton of advertising money to run commercials on daytime OTA television and during NCIS, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune that appeal to the worst qualities of boomers, like xenophobia and such to ensure this happens. These commercials will have elderly actors saying how easy it was for their grandson who is good at computers to set it up for them.

I’ll use Foxconn exclusively except for a plant in Greenville, NC where people slap on the case badges so we can say it’s assembled in the USA, which you better believe will be on one of those case badges.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Having spent the last 4 days as the CEO of Netflix, I can say that I did great and it is very easy. I am tendering my resignation today to pursue an actual challenge.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Laslow posted:

I would take over HP and make their consumer computers have a proprietary PSU, storage interface and expansion slots.

Could you also take over HPE at the same time, and Keysight, and Agilent, and bring everything back together and make it not suck?

And also start making good calculators again, thanks.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

eschaton posted:

Could you also take over HPE at the same time, and Keysight, and Agilent, and bring everything back together and make it not suck?

And also start making good calculators again, thanks.
i would make hpe the living embodiment of everything in the yospos “enterprise grade” thread. read it cover to cover if you haven’t to see what to expect.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

echinopsis posted:

like what is so hard about the os bringing up some kind of window saying

code:
this thing you're doing is processor intensive. 
I can either run slowly and cool, or try to run as fast as possible but fans n poo poo will kick in. 
you can change this setting at any time. 
life is always a compromise between cool and calm and fast and fanny. 
in fact you can choose compromising options somewhere in the middle too. 
we respect you as a user, and believe you are intelligent enough to know the difference,
and the value of each of the options, and that you can choose what you want, 
and ultimately, this illusion of choice (free will is a bankrupt concept), will make you happy 

- Apple, think different

the rendering software i use lets me choose cpu usage/how many cores/threads i want used which is honestly one of the most useful settings of any software i use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Laslow posted:

These commercials will have elderly actors saying how easy it was for their grandson who is good at computers to set it up for them.

jesus fuckkkn christ