Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I would take over HP and make their consumer computers have a proprietary PSU, storage interface and expansion slots.

It’ll be user serviceable but the case will have ridiculous riser cards and razor sharp steel edges all over and you’ll have to order parts direct from us.

I’d keep using Intel processors, but it’ll be all Itanium from here on out. I’ll update OpenVMS with a nice enough looking interface and minimum viable office suite to fool your parents and grandparents into buying one.

I’ll burn through a ton of advertising money to run commercials on daytime OTA television and during NCIS, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune that appeal to the worst qualities of boomers, like xenophobia and such to ensure this happens. These commercials will have elderly actors saying how easy it was for their grandson who is good at computers to set it up for them.

I’ll use Foxconn exclusively except for a plant in Greenville, NC where people slap on the case badges so we can say it’s assembled in the USA, which you better believe will be on one of those case badges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

eschaton posted:

Could you also take over HPE at the same time, and Keysight, and Agilent, and bring everything back together and make it not suck?

And also start making good calculators again, thanks.
i would make hpe the living embodiment of everything in the yospos “enterprise grade” thread. read it cover to cover if you haven’t to see what to expect.