Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Hi I'm OFS I punched Omega to death once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The Sage's Staff casts Life. The Jugdement Staff casts Dispel.

The Healing Staff and Power Staff don't cast spells when used as items, they instead use a damage formula that does nothing and have on-hit procs of Cura and Berserk, respectively.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Shyfted One posted:

you can't even rely on sword dance

This is true 24/7 all the time.

I really don't like it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I've started a Fiesta LP if you're "on the fence" and want to see what it looks like.

Or maybe if you wanna see how you reach the level of insanity that you !release a karnak sergeant at NED.

E: wow Kyro way to preempt my self-promotion to make me look shameless AND stupid.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 1, 2019

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Samuel Clemens posted:

I wonder if there's any team composition that can't beat Omega even if you were mad enough to grind all the way to level 99 and get 99 Elixirs. I guess anything that would have to rely on bare fist criticals to damage it and lacked a reliable way to inflict Stop. Something like 4xThieves.

Any job that can't get around his 95% evasion and/or 199 defense approaches mathematical impossibility. Omega is ridiculously fast and uses Surge Beam frequently. Even with 96 damage fist crits constantly you have 55,530 HP to get through and only 99 elixirs.

And that's with perfect luck, which, depending on how the RNG works on a mechanical level, might not even be possible.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I might job fair for knight or geo if I get the other, shame I can't have that geo also double ragnarok.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kheldarn posted:

3) The same thing applies for the image breaking down NED's parts, also now on LPix

I'd rather it be gone so I could make a better version, mostly because I want to use Loon's nicknames for the parts.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

AlphaKretin posted:

and presumably IRC before

That's when I made it! :buddy:

There were a lot of questions about which part of NED did what, which was open to Petrify and which could be Odined, etc. etc. so I solved the issue.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

#regwinner gave me a team perfect for the <100 toxx. And I got it properly this time by staggering Lenna's level. It feels nice to bat out that incentive first thing.

Omega got Quickleaked. He did plaster me three times in a row with Atomic Ray before I even had a turn.

Shinryu got berserked and then I hid behind Golem and Blink while flinging Meteor and Aeroga.

NED was a problem because this team couldn't actually survive Almagest even through Shell. I got lucky on my 4th Catoblepas nailing the Almagest chunk.

The rest was a lot simpler, even though it was still pretty hectic. I tried to knock some HP off of Wizard Bones so it'd get dunked with Grand Coif but I went too hard and left a piece alone anyway.

Anyway I realized part way through this is that I'm the only person I know who turns off ATB. Um,

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Jade Rider posted:

I put in an all jobs code after Dragon Plant because gently caress me that was a slog. No AoE to speak of and my mages were on Esuna duty 75% of the time.

Dragon flowers are open to literally everything. Sleep 'em, confuse 'em, whatever.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
If you're trying to figure out if you got a good team or not, remember this:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I can't help but feel like this is what he wanted all along.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Vanilla Ice posted:

I can't think of a way to beat Shinryu or Omega with this group. Anyone have any ideas?

Level far more than is healthy. We're talking upper 60s for Shinryu and going a full 99 for Omega.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Another time mage, another quickleak.

Berserk staff strats with sammy evasion and quick. I did have characters who could've survived if they were in the back row with protect from the wonder wand, at least.

Exdeath got up to his eyeballs in debt. 3600 damage per giltoss at level 44, so I was hitting each part for 18,000 a round. Over 130,000 gil all told.

Neat-o wasn't as fun of a name as I thought it would've been. Maybe the 4th run won't have a loving time mage too. A man can dream.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Have you SEEN Krile in Berserker and White Mage and and and

look I decide my jobs in endgame entirely by what Krile looks best in.

Also she takes that +0 agility to +4 and I like to fast.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

The team?

Knight/Black Mage/Monk/Geomancer.

I had to get to level 96 not only to make Encircle miss some and to have the HP to trivialize Atomic Ray, but also to have a comically high multiplier of 28 to kill Omega in 7 hits. Any more and he goes past Search and post-search back to the start. The team falls apart on the double turn right before Search, and it took a lot of work just to keep Black Mage and Knight alive.

Anyway since I'm level 96 I guess I can get the rest of the triple crown now.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

derra posted:

Top floor of the pyramid, hold down rapidfire and up, walk into slope and afk

It was that or the conveyor belt near the Green Beret in the Fire Ship. Lotta !Kick and !Fight. Istory's enemies are too evasive and Alchymia casts Death too much. Landcrawlers in the Rift desert were pretty much the same with Maelstrom.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
After hitting level 96, the rest of the game was shockingly simple.

I could just loving facetank Shinryu's berserk physicals.

No wonder he got wrecked.

Poque posted:

:toxx:

$20 per run that utilizes a near-to-full-power Brave Blade (I'll say 145+ attack power to allow for some accidental runs) on an Equip Swords Geomancer in their fight against NED.

I will require a screenshot showing the equipment screen, such as the one above, and a screenshot of the Geomancer attacking NED in the battle (or TreeDeath I GUESS). Caps at $100.

:toxx:

I never run once, even before my team became powerful beyond reason. I'm not sure how many battles it was; Mr. Cleo capped at 9,999.

I thought it was killing NED with the Brave Blade so I did just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Lurdiak posted:

That's assuming it even hits! His terrible magic stats means he's likely to miss himself a few times before untoading, and then you just re-pond him.

Magic hitting is entirely a function of spell hit rate, level of target and caster, and magic evasion.

I wrote the book on magic evasion so I hope I know what I mean.

Toad has an 80% hit rate, is the same level as himself, and the Toad status negates magic evasion.... but Garula didn't have any anyway.

So it just has the 80% chance to hit.