Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Every version is the worst version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If anyone's interested, I made a Double AP Patch for the GBA version. It also makes ALL battles reward AP, which comes in handy if you like to just start with all jobs unlocked (like me).

Since Project Demi offers a Quad AP option, I can make one of those if anyone wants.

Also, Can Of Worms, if you don't mind, can you share any tools you have for editing FFVA? I found 2 that let me edit some things, but nothing that will let me add more skills to jobs or grant innate abilites like you did for your Balance Patch.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 29, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I can't believe I just did this. I swore I would never, ever, EVER do it. :cripes:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Actually, you don't even have to tweet for the wind crystal, since once the Fiesta starts, your first job will automatically be unlocked on the Fiesta page.

And you can unlock the rest there at any time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

derra posted:

Thanks, being over 35 means I don't get this Discord thing

Don't worry. Discord is bad.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Screw The Run. Everyone should start at the same time. Nobody wants to watch nerds try to speed run the game. We all want to be nerds playing the game!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My very first Fiesta back in 2017 had a Geomancer, as did the last one I finished last year. '17 was Geomancer, Red Mage, Knight, Mystic Knight, and last year was Thief, Berserker, Geomancer, Chemist.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A few things to note about this:

1) The link to Sulla's Solo Beastmaster Run is outdated. The correct URL is now http://www.sullla.com/FF/beastmaster.html
2) The Ocean Floor Map is long gone, because Photobucket is garbage. Fortunatly, I was able to find a copy via Google, and I've uploaded it to LPix
3) The same thing applies for the image breaking down NED's parts, also now on LPix

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Edit: I will also accept other Good Friends references, in case FRON is more your speed.

Edit2: Apparently I missed the first name-based :toxx:, nothing wrong with coming second!

Starting my run off with a Black Mage named Butes!

Fat and Useless posted:

So uh, this is a thing I have to deal with.

What's up, Oracle buddy? I got Black Mage, Berserker, and Chemist to go with my Oracle. Good luck with your Void!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ragequit posted:

I am a little confused on the Chaos run. I ended up with Ninja to start off. Made my way to the Water crystal, where Gilgabot gave me Thief. Can I now make everyone a Thief and then mix it up once I have Ninja available? Probably should have just done a regular run, as that's fairly straight forward.

Alternately, if you're playing on GBA, you can either get the patch that unlocks all jobs from the start, or use a code to unlock all jobs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

What is this patch called?

I was thinking that the Fiesta State Mod unlocked them, but it turns out that it only unlocks everything except Mime and the GBA Jobs. Sorry.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ItBreathes posted:

White Mage / Berserk / Bard. What do I do about the sandworm (besides kill the berserker)? Plink, plink, plink? SNES version.

Maybe it's time to job fair?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Edit: I will also accept other Good Friends references, in case FRON is more your speed.

Edit2: Apparently I missed the first name-based :toxx:, nothing wrong with coming second!

Done!

Also, this was my very first time doing this:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you did the Fiesta last year, submitted (a) victory pic(s) through the website, and no Awaiting Verification is showing up on your Fiesta page, click the link under History for last year. They might have been submitted for a run from last year.

I submitted mine through the website, then decided to look at my runs from last year, and noticed that the last run, which I never finished, had icons saying it was awaiting verification for beating the game and Omega. As I noted a few posts up from this, this was my first time ever beating Omega. All I can guess is that some code didn't get changed for this year, so it's still processing victories as last year. I tweeted Eric about it, but he's probably asleep right now, so it may be awhile before he see it...

Edit
He just confirmed that it was a bug, and that it should be fixed now. If you submitted via website, and don't see the Awaiting Verification icons, try submitting again.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 19, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Samuel Clemens posted:

I probably missed it, but did we ever learn how #winner works?

When Gilgabot became active around the end of last month/beginning of this month, there were polls for "Which Job Is Better?". The 4 winners were Berserker Time Mage, White Mage, Blue Mage, and Summoner. So, those are the jobs you'll get from #Winner

Thanks W.T. Fits, for the correction!

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 20, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

It was Time Mage, not Berserker. The people who have Berserkers are people who went for #berserkerrisk on their first run.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. Updated my post.

And I think that's what I'm going to make my 2nd run. I've never had Time, White, or Summoner. Well, I had a White Mage last year, but it got VOIDED, so I don't count that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ItBreathes posted:

Does anyone have FFV hacking experience? How hard would it be to make movers give 999 AP?

If you want it for GBA, I can make a patch that does that. I also posted a patch that awards Double AP earlier in the thread.

Note that you will NEVER get any kind of extra AP from any code that you find on the internet. All they do is change the AP in the message. This is because AP is coded to formation, not to the enemies.*†

*This is for GBA. I haven't looked into the SNES version, so I don't know if that is also coded this way. I've never touched Steam or Mobile.

†I haven't tested every single code for this, so there might be one that works, especially when you consider the fact that the Oracle has a passive skill that boosts AP gain.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Supremezero posted:

It's because of the higher difficulty and involvement of jobs in Bravely. You can handily beat FFV with any combo of 4 jobs (Though maybe not some dupes without absurd level grinding), but Bravely gives you powerful combination possibilities and sure as hell expects you to use them.

It's also not as easily accessable as 5 is.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

:siren: My Love For You is Like a Truck :siren:

Just for the record, I want to say that I appreciate this. Olaf, berserker!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

What elements does Magus Rod boost?

Everything but Water and Holy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doom Goon posted:

Wow, setting the Battle Speed to 6 really makes running away much easier:downs: I always play on 1 but, man, I'll probably change for dungeons.

Someone posted last fiesta that you want to set Battle Speed to 6, because the only thing it affects is enemy turn speed. So, that's my default now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

blinking beacon nose posted:

Am I the only person who hates Krile? As a character and probably as a person too?

She looks at you in battle. Which makes her look more than weird compared to everyone else, it makes her a Goddamn creep. Stop. Focus on what you're loving doing and make yourself halfway useful.

And she's a Mary Sue who sees illusions and can talk to all of the animals or whatever. She's a second rate Lenna. Then she has the audacity to replace Galuf, which is much more a sin than anything Exdeath has ever done.

When Galuf is in my party, he leads it. When Krile's in it, she's dead loving last. During that section where it's just Bartz and her, she goes into the last slot and Bartz the first because I want her as far away from anyone else as possible. I swear I'm gonna just kill her off and leave her dead forever when I get to her.

:yayclod:

Nah, I hate her, too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Have you SEEN Krile in Berserker and White Mage and and and

look I decide my jobs in endgame entirely by what Krile looks best in.

Also she takes that +0 agility to +4 and I like to fast.

Yes. They all suck.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bogart posted:

Krile’s grandpa just died. Cut her some slack.

He's not much better.

Honestly, Boco is the best character, followed by Bartz, then Faris.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bregor posted:

The best character is obviously Gilgamesh.

He's the absolute worst. Between Sqeenix shoehorning him into every game they can, and idiots calling him Greg… Ugh.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

blakelmenakle posted:

You might want to get Mug on the ninja to bypass the Chicken Knife's flee but even then you can do Twin Lance strats instead and keep Summon on her for throwing scrolls and the general usefulness of summon.

What are the Twin Lance strats? And the other things for Chicken Knife? Because I only equip it for boss fights, so I'm missing out on damage from it, and if that's the case, I might as well just go for the Brave Blade…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

blinking beacon nose posted:

But IIRC rapid fire isn't compatible with

With what? Chicken Knife? Because I did that on my last run, a Chaos with Beastmaster, Samurai, Ranger, Samurai. Samurai with Rapid Fire Chicken Knife was pretty :black101:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bufuman posted:

So! I've been slowing down a bit on my fervor for this event after 6 years of it, and I'm concerned that I might not make my usual half-dozen or so runs. Thus, I decided the best way to make up for it is with a pledge of my own. And I was given a decent idea upon getting my Earth job in my second run.

Duplicate jobs (even the broken ones) are always kind of a bore, so let's make the most of it!

:toxx:
I hereby pledge to donate $2 on behalf of any player that complete a run with any duplicate jobs in any mode where it can happen (EXCEPT UPGRADE, I'm looking for honest luck-of-the-draw duplicates, though I'll also accept runs with dupes through the Job Fair), with a cap of $50. However, I'll add an extra $10 outside of the cap if any player completes a run with four of the same job (again, no Upgrade). I'd like to go with more, but sadly bills are kind of tight lately. But like Admiral Joeslop on his pledge, I may be willing to bump this number up if my finances improve before the last day of donations. Double up, people!

If this is still accepting submissions, my last run had Double Samurai:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bufuman posted:

Just learned about that one about an hour ago myself. Why is that even there.

For people running back and forth farming Reflect Rings.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I tend to use VGMaps for the dungeons. It lists everything in the Pyramid, but doesn't list those two items in the Island Shrine. However, the walkthroughs on FFVSpirit.com and Caves Of Narshe both mention those two chests.

Looks like we have something new for Mega64 to add to his FFV site!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

As of right now, the Fiesta is just $416 from breaking the $15k goal.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My love for you is like a truck PURRSERKER!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1207424360836808705

http://fourjobfiesta.com/speedrun.php

RULES
  • Finish Final Fantasy 5 as fast as you can!
  • Use only White Mage until you unlock Berserker.
  • Use only White Mage and Berserker until you unlock Beastmaster.
  • Use only White Mage, Berserker and Beastmaster until you unlock Dragoon.
  • Your final party is one White Mage, Berserker, Beastmaster, and Dragoon.
  • Glitch all you want.
  • Time your run! You'll need to submit your clear time.
  • This is casual. If you cannot do it at once, just keep track of time.
  • Timing rules are from when you start the game until Neo Ex Death is destroyed.
  • If you play over multiple sessions, try your best to keep track!
  • Don't lie. This is for fun. Be honest about your time.
  • Try to stream and/or make a video to submit.
  • Submit your time, version and preferably a speedrun video.
  • Complete your submission before 23:59:59 January 8, 2020, your time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1240116471801487361

http://fourjobfiesta.com/corona/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1240178513648312321

Donate Link: https://tiltify.com/@revenantkioku/esuna-for-corona/donate

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1240268102358781952

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 18, 2020