Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Edit: I will also accept other Good Friends references, in case FRON is more your speed.

Edit2: Apparently I missed the first name-based :toxx:, nothing wrong with coming second!

Have an extra-enthusiastic BUTES for the pile!

There's nothing sadder than a dead mini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Hmmm, something’s missing. Something...useless.

Much better.

I’m on Matrix, it’ll be considerably less useless even before the Brave Blade

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I need an avatar. If someone makes me an awesome Gilgamesh avatar, I'll double my avatar purchase as a donation.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I was trying to get my brave geomancer to NED tonight, but...getting someone with a Gaelicat's float to Catastrophe without fleeing is going to be an adventure.

EDIT: Thank loving Christ for quicksave encounter cheesing. Still holding off on NED until tomorrow.

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 28, 2019

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Every FFV character is the best and y’all are bastards

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

:toxx:

$20 per run that utilizes a near-to-full-power Brave Blade (I'll say 145+ attack power to allow for some accidental runs) on an Equip Swords Geomancer in their fight against NED.

I will require a screenshot showing the equipment screen, such as the one above, and a screenshot of the Geomancer attacking NED in the battle (or TreeDeath I GUESS). Caps at $100.

Okay. I haven’t won yet because KNI/RAN/NIN/GEO is loving terrible without the chicken knife and I need to grind another ten levels to survive Almaghest (also: actually beat Necrophobe) but if you’ll accept this I’ll get the last spot and make this hell run worth it!

(Last image won’t upload, he did 2280 damage)

Maybe by level 50 I can kill one part before dying!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

It's BRILLIANT!

It's SUBLIME!

Thank you both! I will count them both and increase my cap.

Thanks to Jose Valasquez, Darkoni, Fenrir, MagusDraco, jaclynhyde, and Orange Fluffy Sheep for their contributions to this beautiful, beautiful toxx!

Thank you--I've matched your extra $20 for not quite getting in on time... I got to level 45 and finished (by giving everyone except Geomancer Throw and spamming Fuma Shurikens on the Almaghest part):

Lenna gave NED one good whack and threw items for the rest of it. I choose to believe the Brave Blade gave them the courage to proceed.

Anyway time to do a less annoying run.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Archenteron posted:

:homebrew:

:homebrew:

https://twitter.com/ArchenteronSA/status/1146359845123022849

LEVEL 63

Precious treasures in my possession:
4x Aegis Shield
4x Thor's Hammer
4x Thornlet
4x Bone Mail
4x Wall/Flame/Coral/Angel Ring
4x Hermes Sandals
~50+ Elixer
1.5 million gil
60:31 ingame timer

That was interesting and I never want to do it again.

Son of a sandworm!

(Where'd you grind levels? I'm at the last save point getting Bone Mails and Aegis Shields, but I'll have to duck out and get more cabins eventually.)

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Blue Mage is stupid good, Berserker is pretty good when you only have to deal with one, and Geomancer is much better on the version you’re playing.

Dragoon sure exists!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Alxprit posted:

What level should I be before attempting Liquid Flame with quadzerks? As a follow-up, which place should I be getting EXP?

I want to say I was around 20? It took a few tries, but I think I just ground levels in the fire ship for that. After that when I was grinding for sandworm, I went by Istory. The mini dragons give a ton of XP, and you'll get enough money to buy Flame Rings to negate their worst attacks. (And coral rings, and angel rings...)

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

:siren: My Love For You is Like a Truck :siren:

Last year I bit off a bit more than most people could chew with my donation incentive. This year I'll keep it simple.
  1. For every goon who kills NED with two Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $5.
  2. For every goon who kills NED with three Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $25.
  3. For the first goon who kills NED with four Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $125; for any subsequent goons, $50 (while supplies last).
Only one goon can claim the big money. For all other runs, in any combination, the cap is $200.

Bufuman posted:

I hereby pledge to donate $2 on behalf of any player that complete a run with any duplicate jobs in any mode where it can happen (EXCEPT UPGRADE, I'm looking for honest luck-of-the-draw duplicates, though I'll also accept runs with dupes through the Job Fair), with a cap of $50. However, I'll add an extra $10 outside of the cap if any player completes a run with four of the same job (again, no Upgrade). I'd like to go with more, but sadly bills are kind of tight lately. But like Admiral Joeslop on his pledge, I may be willing to bump this number up if my finances improve before the last day of donations. Double up, people!

And this toxx is over, but...

Hempuli posted:

Oh hey, I've kind of wanted to do one of these, so here goes:

I'll donate $10 for every screenshot of either NED, Shinryu or Omega being beaten with only one team-member alive, up to $100. Preferably with the teammates falling to enemy attacks, but eh, feel free to set things up however you want. :toxx:

Jesus Christ that was an experience.

Cribbing Archenteron's stats:

LEVEL 97
:siren:1x Dragon Crest:siren:
3x Aegis Shield
3x Thornlet
4x Bone Mail
4x Wall/Flame/Coral/Angel Ring
4x Hermes Sandals
50 Elixirs
9,999,999 gil
292:44 ingame timer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time.

I decided last year that I wanted to try out all of the regular jobs in a single summer, and so I did it over the course of five runs. It was a blast, and now I want to encourage you to do the same thing. For everyone who uses all twenty regular jobs (i.e., those you have access to before world 3), I'll donate $20 and match your job fair expenses up to the total price of one of each job. Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

Done! My total job fair cost was $27 ($3 Red/Mon for #4, $9 Mys/Sam for #5, $10 Thf/Dan/Brd/Tim for #6, and $5 Chm for #7).

I also hit Mime and Freelancer, with a detour for Quadzerking; I used RNG to select which job I was switching out for repeats. The worst run was Kni/Ran/Nin/Geo, because there was no synergy and taking the Brave Blade meant I missed some of the most useful abilities. The other runs were all pretty fun, with Brd/Sam/Drg/Chm making for the most hilarious NED. I also got three triple crowns (one of which I screwed up submitting the victory, whoops) and one double crown on quadzerk. It was great and I'm happy to stop playing for a while!