Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Got THF/RDM/BST/CHM crew for my first run. I never used them much before, so this should be interesting.

Bit of a rough start, but grinding Dark Matter is an absolute joke. Looking forward to finally trying out :science: for myself.

Am I correct in assuming that this is basically a free triple crown? How exactly does !Calm works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I'd suggest not killing the berserker. Just heal the counters with !White.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Hempuli posted:

Oh hey, I've kind of wanted to do one of these, so here goes:

I'll donate $10 for every screenshot of either NED, Shinryu or Omega being beaten with only one team-member alive, up to $100. Preferably with the teammates falling to enemy attacks, but eh, feel free to set things up however you want. :toxx:

Kinda dangerous on the last part, rushing through berserked Shinryu with Faris' Dragon Whisker, but whatever works :shrug:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

Took a lot of tries because I forgot to equip Thief Gloves. Good thing Chemists are extremely broken.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I don't remember if this has been posted, but I found this FJF guide.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 21, 2019

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

:stonklol:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Cattail Prophet posted:

For Omega:

Step 1: give your dancer dual wield
Step 2: put the chicken knife in their main hand and literally anything else in their off hand
Step 3: congratulations, your sword dances no longer trigger counters from Omega
Step 4: you still need to survive its standard routine though, so the rest of your team is probably on full time elixir/phoenix down duty
E: it occurs to me that this method should also work with dragoon and trident jumps

For Shinryu, you might be able to make a jumpspam strat work at fairly reasonable levels? Remember that the maneater gets the spear bonus to jumps.

Wait, how does step 3 even work?

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Azza Bamboo posted:

Ever since I saw excalipoor I've been really wanting to see something done, a surgical NED kill. Exact HP.

:toxx:

I will donate $40 for the first person in this thread to show me video evidence of them killing NED with a 1HP final blow. I don't mind if you film your screen or if you use decent video capture, so long as it's clear in the moving footage that you did 1HP damage as the final blow that killed NED.

I'll only do this for one submission because I am a poor.

Video here.

I'm kind of overleveled by fiesta standards, but Gladiator attracts a lot more random encounter than usual.

Krile has Chicken Knife and Lenna has Ragnarok Excalibur (because I forgot to save after beating Shinryu and completely failed to notice). Both have Aegis Shield. The mages have Gold Ribbon + Flame Rod.

Treedeath goes down quickly with Finisher + Reflected Firaga. And then Wizard Bones died first with a Magic Lamp.

Then I rush Al-majisti because I don't have great healing and can't tank Almagest. Turns out !Finisher can proc Chicken Knife's flee. The more you know :eng101:

The next step is to get Flexdeath down to 1 HP. 5 Finishers and 4 Excalipoors can do this. (5*9999+4*1)+1=50000. Golem neutralizes this part. Krile and Lenna switch to Dagger so !Finisher will deal either 9999 or 0 damage.

To prevent NED from going berserk, I have to leave the Grand Cross part alive. The first Grand Cross only produces 2 Zombies, which is fixed quickly.

The second Grand Cross almost gives me a heart attack :stonklol:. Good thing !Finisher doesn't care about character level.

All in all, this is a great and interesting challenge. Great job coming up with it :thumbsup:

Now to think about how I'm going to beat Omega with this team...

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 30, 2019

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

Wonder Wand and Golem makes Shinryu an absolute joke.

Beating NED with Excalipoor is an interesting challenge. It's still much easier with my jobs than getting the last crown...

Omega is loving awful. I don't have OFS' patience to grind to Lv 90ish, so I settled for almost 50 instead. Bartz uses Flame Shield, Diamond Helmet, Bone Mail, and Hermes Sandals. This way, Bartz won't die from the reflected Thundagas (everyone else has Reflect Rings) and he can heal with Firaga (and optional Osmose). The rest is just balancing between using Thundaga, Elixir, or Phoenix. And hoping that Omega doesn't use Earthquake or Surge Beam + Maelstrom combo.

I can't just use !Finisher because Omega absorbs all elements except lightning :argh:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 30, 2019

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Isn't this scene mandatory? Or is there some way to actually skip it?

And yes, it is actually possible to get a Game Over if you take too long between beating Minotaur and battling Omniscient.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Doom Goon posted:

Oh, time to fulfill one and make one! Only Can of Worms and myself completed this one last Fiesta:

And I'm doing it again: $1 per goon up to $20 for every goon that completes a run from now on to the end (must complete a normal run first) using Can Of Worms's Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer. Make sure to emptyquote this post on a win so I can see it! Oh, and please don't use the FFVFJF site (probably not cool crowning on impossible runs), although if you want to slip a victory into another run's #Up that's probably okay. It's up to you if you want to spoil the Jobs you get or not but I'd recommend it to reduce grinding and magic level confusion. Also, I'll probably wait until next year to actually donate so I can kill two birds with one stone and water that tree.

Does this patch also randomize the GBA jobs? And does this also randomizes where we got the magic/songs/summons or is that another patch? I'll probably try to do this one after I finish my current run.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Pure Chaos is the best, but if you're on GBA the Advance one is worth a try. It's a shame there's no Advanced Pure Chaos.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Jose Valasquez posted:

You've inspired me

$25 up to a max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and a one of the wielder attacking NED

Completions: Edward_Tohr, Mega64, Samuel Clemens, ssmagus, Nasgate

White/Mystic/Bard/Cannon. This team has absolutely no problem with random encounters.

Chicken Knife with 0 power at 99 Strength, Agility and Level.

The combined power of !Sing and !Combine.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 6, 2019

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Hempuli posted:

Oh hey, I've kind of wanted to do one of these, so here goes:

I'll donate $10 for every screenshot of either NED, Shinryu or Omega being beaten with only one team-member alive, up to $100. Preferably with the teammates falling to enemy attacks, but eh, feel free to set things up however you want. :toxx:

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

I've already done these two toxxes, but I accidentally did them again.

Shinryu is an absolute cakewalk with White Mage. Freelancer being able to use Apollo's Harp definitely speeds things up.

Ribbons make Grand Cross a non-issue. I equipped Red Dresses I stole from Phoneix Tower for more Sword Dances.

I'm actually very proud of how I managed to beat Omega. It was with Ribbon and Flame Shield negating most of Omega's moves, Trident to pierce its defense, with Red Dress and Hermes Sandals to top it off. Then it was careful application of Cura/Reflect/Hi-Potion, only attacking after reflecting Omega's Search move.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 7, 2019

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Doom Goon posted:

Wow, didn't even know it was gone, I think I use that every year to make sure I don't forget something stupid but necessary (that and Enkibot which I also didn't notice in the OP). Also, I saw this one in the Official Subreddit, somebody made an in-depth Omega post which'll probably be useful.

Oh, time to fulfill one and make one! Only Can of Worms and myself completed this one last Fiesta:

And I'm doing it again: $1 per goon up to $20 for every goon that completes a run from now on to the end (must complete a normal run first) using Can Of Worms's Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer. Make sure to emptyquote this post on a win so I can see it! Oh, and please don't use the FFVFJF site (probably not cool crowning on impossible runs), although if you want to slip a victory into another run's #Up that's probably okay. It's up to you if you want to spoil the Jobs you get or not but I'd recommend it to reduce grinding and magic level confusion. Also, I'll probably wait until next year to actually donate so I can kill two birds with one stone and water that tree.

Oh yeah, in it for #;debra, I mean #regWinner #BERSERKERRISK! I also did something truly stupid getting excited for the run and just nigh 100%ed Bravely Second in a seriously ridiculously short amount of time (mostly I just have to wait for Ba'al enemies from their servers). Since I'm out of those games I think next year I'll go back and beat Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light which heavily influenced it! Also, I might dip my toes into something else although I do have a couple other projects I should be putting time into.

Edit:
Completed - Osci.

Not actually using a Normal run (I'm using Pure Chaos) so I don't know if this counts, but I completed an extra spicy variant. My jobs are Freelancer/Thief/White Mage/Dancer.

Bartz has the choice of going down the Dancer path for !Rapidfire or Thief path for !Mix. I eventually settled for the latter. He only got it right after Halicarnassus, so I don't actually get to play with it much.

Lenna got the short end of the stick. She has !Sing, !White6 and !Time6, but all of them are at the end of each job, so I can't get all of them without grinding.

I don't remember why Galuf/Krile has so many abilities, but there they go. Her White Mage job has default !Time6 with !White6 end, so that's where she stayed for most of the game.

Lenna and Bartz have default !Control and everyone except Faris have Learning, so getting !Blue is pathetically easy.

Needless to say, I don't have any trouble in this run.

I also did Shinryu because why not. I can definitely do Omega with the above skills, but :effort:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

:shepicide:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time.

I decided last year that I wanted to try out all of the regular jobs in a single summer, and so I did it over the course of five runs. It was a blast, and now I want to encourage you to do the same thing. For everyone who uses all twenty regular jobs (i.e., those you have access to before world 3), I'll donate $20 and match your job fair expenses up to the total price of one of each job. Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon.

Edit: Since it's come up a couple times, I want to add that there's no requirement to do this in only five runs. I just did that because I didn't want to play more than I did.

There are no bad jobs, but there are some teams that don't really come together.

Thief, Beastmaster, Chemist, Red Mage, Dragoon, Samurai, Bard, Gladiator, Black Mage, Summoner

Mystic Knight, Cannoneer, White Mage, Dancer, Freelancer, Berserker, Ninja

Blue mage, Geomancer, Monk, Knight, Ranger, Time Mage

With their powers combined (plus some extras), the toxx is fulfilled :black101:

I played too many times that I didn't even need to job fair... :negative:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Alternatively, grind (or cheat) your way to level 99. Then hope your !Rapidfire can kill it before it kills you.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Took much longer than it should've because the RNG hates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Isn't Omega's innate Shell permanent? I tried using Ramuh before and after using Dispel on Omega and both have identical damage output.