Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm so hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This toxx is COMPLETE!!

:toxx:

$20 per run that utilizes a near-to-full-power Brave Blade (I'll say 145+ attack power to allow for some accidental runs) on an Equip Swords Geomancer in their fight against NED.

I will require a screenshot showing the equipment screen, such as the one above, and a screenshot of the Geomancer attacking NED in the battle (or TreeDeath I GUESS). Caps at $100.

COMPLETERS: Jose Valasquez, Darkoni, Fenrir, MagusDraco, jaclynhyde, Orange Fluffy Sheep

Poque fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 1, 2019

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
SNES is superior.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I scream into the Void about it every year, but I really can't handle the GBA version. I'm too used to the larger field of view from SNES for the updated translation to matter (especially since I fast forward through 80% of the game at this point) and I'm too lazy to patch out the godawful GBA soundtrack.

Also for whatever reason the font is completely unreadable to me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MagusDraco posted:

big downside of the snes version imo is all the fake NED spots that mess up rapid fire and meteo

Yeah, I think Sandworm is worse too but I'm not sure. Sucks for zerks too. Maybe this is why I dislike Ranger so much (though it's hard to really know as I've only had 3 in 29 Fiesta runs and one of them was job-faired).

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kyrosiris posted:

I can't imagine a more pointless thing to be bothered by but :shrug:

E: though then again I'm the person who doesn't get the screaming and rending of flesh about the Matrix versions """bad graphics""" so I shouldn't be surprised the impact of this is also lost on me.

I don't really think it's pointless that you get to see less of the world around you on GBA.

Overall it's simply a comfort thing. I still play the same fanslated ROM I had back in like 1998 and the GBA version just doesn't look, feel, or sound right.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time.

I decided last year that I wanted to try out all of the regular jobs in a single summer, and so I did it over the course of five runs. It was a blast, and now I want to encourage you to do the same thing. For everyone who uses all twenty regular jobs (i.e., those you have access to before world 3), I'll donate $20 and match your job fair expenses up to the total price of one of each job. Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon.

There are no bad jobs, but there are some teams that don't really come together.

Does this need to be done in five runs?

This would combine very well with my toxx as well - combine your Knights and Geomancers!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ultrafilter posted:

Nope. Take as many runs as you want.

Awesome, I'll keep this in mind if I get a nice variety of jobs in my first few runs!

Unless there's a new fun run type, I plan on doing a 750 Berserker Risk for my pre-registration. It's a great combo, as you're guaranteed the Zerk in the water slot with a guaranteed good supporting mage class from wind. I've found it a really fun way to start off the summer.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just got the banner ad and it's excellent. Unfortunately, I already come here.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BisbyWorl posted:

Run 2 - White Mage, Mystic Knight, Ranger, Dragoon

White Mage for heals, Mystic Knight and Ranger for Spellblade Rapid Fire, and Dragoon as filler. You get Holy right before Omniscient at Fork Tower, so I have offensive magic for that fight.

I don't believe you can use Holy in that fight.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel like I'd have to combine Chemist and Monk and then just make the last two classes total throwaways like Dragoon and Red Mage. Even when Red is paired with other mages I still dread seeing it appear.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Registered for a Chaos750 with ZERKRISK. Can't wait!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

GulagDolls posted:

ive never beaten ffv before but I will do this now

You'd better

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Zerk owns, especially since you have Black Mage. Give it Black 6 and the Rune Axe and it will be a force.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
We should really pool for the fastest possible run next year

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Brave Blade Best Blade

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kyrosiris posted:

This man also likes geomancers

let that influence how you interpret his heresy

Poque posted:

$20 per run that utilizes a near-to-full-power Brave Blade (I'll say 145+ attack power to allow for some accidental runs) on an Equip Swords Geomancer in their fight against NED.

I will require a screenshot showing the equipment screen, such as the one above, and a screenshot of the Geomancer attacking NED in the battle (or TreeDeath I GUESS). Caps at $100.

BRING THEM TO ME

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
knives have blades

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

GulagDolls posted:

nice. I will do all of them

Do mine

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kheldarn posted:

Screw The Run. Everyone should start at the same time. Nobody wants to watch nerds try to speed run the game. We all want to be nerds playing the game!

I want to watch nerds try to speed run the game.

Maybe this year I'll just do The Run at the same time as the speedrunners but give myself fastforward and see if I can beat them. I would not beat them

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Azza Bamboo posted:

My impressions of the game so far

Oh this is delightful

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
PRESS THE BUTTON

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Darkoni posted:

Party is Mime, Berserker, knight, and Geomancer. So uh.. that Brave blade geomancer toxx is going to get at least one hit.

Hell yes keep me posted

My team of Geo/Zerk/Bard/Chemist is shaping up to be weird and fun.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I love having Freelancer for a crystal or two. It's so satisfying to stunlock Garula with the whip and then chop him to bits with the Ashura.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I really hate that whenever I see "Jacohl" now I just think "Jacob Wohl"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Iceberg-Slim posted:

Holy crap, this is actually a... good team

Black Mage / Ninja is my favorite combo in the game. You just wreck everybody's day.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mogki posted:

One the Blue Magic topic:
Can you get Mind Blast from Wendigo via Confuse?

doesn't Wendigo just cast it on you normally?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Run one down.

Easy mode run. Level 35, so not eligible for the < 100 toxx. Maybe whatever my next run is!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It's so BEAUTIFUL. Thank you.

Noted for toxx! I will do the full donation when they all come through or when Fiesta ends.

Fenrir posted:

So, uh, this might actually happen:

Bring me MORE!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

jaclynhyde posted:

Hmmm, something’s missing. Something...useless.

Much better.

I’m on Matrix, it’ll be considerably less useless even before the Brave Blade

:siren: Give that Geomancer a full powered Brave Blade, friend.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Darkoni posted:

Okay, so. I forgot i play with a balance hack so brave blade is a bit stronger than normal.

I hope this is okay! It wasn't too bad, i never run from fights normally and having to waste the bb on my geomancer was a bit of a disappointment, but with some help from Mega64 in discord i was able to take down NED.

Works for me! It's GORGEOUS. Thanks!

Noted for toxx!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jose Valasquez posted:

You've inspired me

$25 up to a max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and a one of the wielder attacking NED

I totally would have tried this on my first run, I had no real use for either weapon. Hopefully I get one going forward where I can do it!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fenrir posted:

WITNESS MY DOUBLE :toxx: GLORY

It's STUNNING. Thank you!

Noted for the toxx! 3 down, 2 to go!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

jaclynhyde posted:

I was trying to get my brave geomancer to NED tonight, but...getting someone with a Gaelicat's float to Catastrophe without fleeing is going to be an adventure.

EDIT: Thank loving Christ for quicksave encounter cheesing. Still holding off on NED until tomorrow.

my body is ready

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

blinking beacon nose posted:

Am I the only person who hates Krile? As a character and probably as a person too?

She looks at you in battle. Which makes her look more than weird compared to everyone else, it makes her a Goddamn creep. Stop. Focus on what you're loving doing and make yourself halfway useful.

And she's a Mary Sue who sees illusions and can talk to all of the animals or whatever. She's a second rate Lenna. Then she has the audacity to replace Galuf, which is much more a sin than anything Exdeath has ever done.

When Galuf is in my party, he leads it. When Krile's in it, she's dead loving last. During that section where it's just Bartz and her, she goes into the last slot and Bartz the first because I want her as far away from anyone else as possible. I swear I'm gonna just kill her off and leave her dead forever when I get to her.

:yayclod:

I also move her last and can't stand her character sprites. Yeah some of them are cute but because you can see both of her eyes it feels like it's some weird modded-in character from a different game and it drives me totally nuts.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MagusDraco posted:

This was a very easy run. Run 5: Geomancer, Samurai, Knight, Chemist

So, Chemist is OP. Zeninage, is OP, Geomancer with a Brave Blade (and drugs) is good actually.

Very Good.

Very, Very Good. I tried to hit 9999 with turtle soup but I needed more strength. Oh well 9900 is close enough.

It's INCREDIBLE. And also blinding. Noted for the toxx!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

jaclynhyde posted:

Okay. I haven’t won yet because KNI/RAN/NIN/GEO is loving terrible without the chicken knife and I need to grind another ten levels to survive Almaghest (also: actually beat Necrophobe) but if you’ll accept this I’ll get the last spot and make this hell run worth it!

(Last image won’t upload, he did 2280 damage)

Maybe by level 50 I can kill one part before dying!

It's BRILLIANT!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I never run once, even before my team became powerful beyond reason. I'm not sure how many battles it was; Mr. Cleo capped at 9,999.

I thought it was killing NED with the Brave Blade so I did just that.

It's SUBLIME!

Thank you both! I will count them both and increase my cap.

Thanks to Jose Valasquez, Darkoni, Fenrir, MagusDraco, jaclynhyde, and Orange Fluffy Sheep for their contributions to this beautiful, beautiful toxx!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Run 2 down. Four black mages for my solo job run of the year and it was mostly easy. I forgot to buy a flame ring in world 1 for the crystals so I unfortunately had to game genie it in. Nothing else was really that bad at all - black mage is a killer job.

Grinding that first reflect ring sucked, though.

Level 28 all around, so I don't think it qualifies for any toxxes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Geomancers are amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

THAT HIPPIE poo poo AI---... !!!