Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

themaninblack posted:

It is a total over the last 3 months. Yes, I will be doing that. I am trying to learn about meal prepping right now, I grew up in a house where no one really cooked but I should have learned how a long time ago.

Hey I grew up in a house where everyone cooked and I still didn't learn. I guess I took it for granted. I actually just started cooking a month ago and honestly it is one of the easiest things. It is very easy to follow a recipe. I was always daunted by looking at a recipe but it is basically telling you how to do a formula step by step. I would just recommend watching some youtube kitchen videos and you will learn way quicker. Once you get a basic understanding you should be able to just read recipes and get them done without having to look at someone else cooking it.

Cooking has probably saved me a poo poo ton in terms of dining out. You honestly don't even need much time to cook, these days I cook for 1 hour and I can do my breakfast/lunch and do dinner later.

One thing I would recommend is that you don't buy a huge amount of groceries just buy what you need each day for a specific dish. Because I've sometimes bought lots of veggies for one specific dish but I didn't want to cook that every day or meal prep it. If you want to meal prep ya it makes sense bulk buying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU