Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Drunk Theory posted:

That horrible ad was so perfect. Just insult your audience right away.

Did Mighty No. 9 ever make it to the Ouya? Because in terms of marketing campaigns and Kickstarter flops, that's a match made in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i'm pretty sure people were waiting 2+ years for it to ship and gave up

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I recently discovered a friend of mine got one of these, and god drat the controller suuuuuuuuuuuucks. It makes the N64 controller look like genius in comparison. Its uncomfortable, oddly weighted and just sucks.

He side loaded some stuff on it, but like you might as well get a nvidia shield if you want better mobile gaming.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so this thing would work as a cheap netflix, emulatos and xmbc thingie?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I mean, I guess if you're trying to find a use for one you bought years ago. But if you're thinking of snapping one up now you're better off going for something like a Raspberry Pi.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

so this thing would work as a cheap netflix, emulatos and xmbc thingie?

No because there’s cheaper things to do exactly that

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Also it broke XBMC functionality in one update lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could probably hollow it out and make a bong out of it

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
It'd make a hilarious IED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hey, remember this thing? Wasn’t it weird how the entire media turned its attention towards it for like a year straight and now nobody remembers what it was, like the James Cameron’s Avatar of game consoles?

There may have been a reason for that. A little research indicates Ouya hype was one of the first Internet grifts for notorious hypemancers the Krassenstein brothers. https://twitter.com/Fraude_101/status/1154843002067705859