Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017
TL;DR - Looking for a good communication platform for sharing information with remotely located colleagues (project managers).

I'm working for a project management company with 20ish employees. We are outsourced to various customers. We mostly run 'industry' projects (oil & gas, chemical plants, production facilities, food industry, healthcare industry, construction, ...).
We meet around 8 to 10 times a year. These are meetings we are all very much looking forward to. There is a lot of common ground and problems we can relate to. A project manager often has to run the gauntlet without any support or protection, so meeting others in a similar position often helps.
We all invest heavily in personal development and continuous improvement of our project management skills. In order stimulate and support each other we would like to have a good platform where we can share information, ask for help, ...

There are a ton of options which makes selecting the right tool a difficult task. We would like a good tool which is opt-in (no e-mail spam), structured (no chat type of tool), easy to maintain and is very accessible.
I've looked a Google groups, yammer, slack, twist.com, ...

A good hint or sharing your own experiences will be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
If you are on Office365 then check out Microsoft Teams.

One problem for conslutants though; if you're at a customer that also uses MS Teams then you can only be signed in to one account.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

~Coxy posted:

If you are on Office365 then check out Microsoft Teams.

One problem for conslutants though; if you're at a customer that also uses MS Teams then you can only be signed in to one account.

Thanks, I will sure check it out.

I'm also looking at Confluence from Atlassian. I'm reading pretty good feedback about it.