Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
post your favourite conference swag that is crap

https://twitter.com/IanColdwater/status/1131558760693084160

the only conference swag that was useful was a 10,000 mAh battery that fireeye gave me. it also doubles as a qi charger so for once i left a conference with some swag that i actually will use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

at a used clothing store I found a crummy T-shirt that said “I GIS’d my pants” with a point, line and polygon on it. but im guessing it was from local user group.

otherwise Microsoft’s stuff manages to be super tasteless, last I saw was bright foam mesh trucker hats and neon plastic glasses

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hard agree. only good thing i ever got was a battery too. the first time i thought all the free stuff was really neat but it only took a few days for me to realize "i dont want or need any of these loving tshirts".

on the plus side, the free poo poo is a great vector for vendors to gather your contact info so now i get a zillion cold call emails from poo poo like rubrik and thycotic

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

my dad picked this up from macworld boston sometime in the 90s

it is an heirloom i will cherish it forever and pass it on to my clones

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lain Iwakura posted:

post your favourite conference swag that is crap

https://twitter.com/IanColdwater/status/1131558760693084160

the only conference swag that was useful was a 10,000 mAh battery that fireeye gave me. it also doubles as a qi charger so for once i left a conference with some swag that i actually will use

What am I looking at and why should I be displeased?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i got a blue baseball cap with a white beluga whale on it from some booth and i've gotten a lot of compliments on it

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Schadenboner posted:

it is underwear for incels

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
make a quilt out of all your conference t shirts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the best swag is swag bags

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
i’ve got enough usb 2.0 storage to start my own cloud provider.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
i can tell my psychiatrist to take a hike with his recommended daily heavy doses of benzodiazepines, i’ve got enough squeezy stress ball things to withstand two lifetimes worth of catastrophic mental meltdowns!

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
conference swag is trash by defintion

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

im the endless sea of $0.05 dog poo poo retractable pens with massive plastic casing

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
my grandma was a doctor and you better believe i was fully stocked on boner pill pens and oxycontin branded scratch pads during high school.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Satellit3 posted:

im the endless sea of $0.05 dog poo poo retractable pens with massive plastic casing

hi the endless sea of $0.05 dog poo poo retractable pens with massive plastic casing, im dad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i wish they'd stop giving your posts out at conferences, op

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Endless Mike posted:

i wish they'd stop giving your posts out at conferences, op

:mediocre:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SO DEMANDING posted:

my dad picked this up from macworld boston sometime in the 90s

it is an heirloom i will cherish it forever and pass it on to my clones

i have a bunch of these somewhere, including the nantucket one

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
I had a Maxis software propeller beanie from Macworld San Francisco 97 or whatever

RIP Macworld

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

powermac posted:

I had a Maxis software propeller beanie from Macworld San Francisco 97 or whatever

RIP Macworld

it was a good time in the 90s. saw two (three?) stevenotes irl. won a starmax 3000 lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
power computing one year had a POWER TOWER and it was a giant tower zipline over the boston harbor for free, that ruled

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i also have a pristine power computing sluggo poster

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

graph old

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I used to have a kazoo from sun microsystems.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

i had a power tower dual PowerPC 604 once. It couldn't even run doom well, sold it to a collector in florida.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

The Management posted:

this is cool

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

The Management posted:

I don't care how small it is op, that's not why they call it a blowjob

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.

The Management posted:

nice

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Satellit3 posted:

with added bright yellow nib on one end that might've at some point been in the same room as a highlighter

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

the only good swag is programming socks.

Though there was one time someone was giving out free rpi's

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

but yes i agree this is garbo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also thats the weakest branding image poo poo for 2019

OOOOooOOOooo { C }

please

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

michael dell signed his name on my rear end with a xl sharpie

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i go to design and manufacturing conferences so i get all kinds of weird trinket swag. some of it is really useful, too. i have a plastic cube on my desk that demonstrates like 40 different injection molding features which is great for teaching. and i got this floppy circle made out of some dupont sticky miracle rubber that is amazing for opening stuck jars.

best computer swag i got was a little elastic -powered foam rocket with the ATI logo on it from i think macworld 2003.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

i worked for them for a year and have about that much to show for it too

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
best swag I got were these dumb little fuzzy ball things, also from Sun, that the cats went absolutely batshit insane chasing.

and a million t-shirts I turned into rags so that was practical at least?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Sagebrush posted:

i go to design and manufacturing conferences so i get all kinds of weird trinket swag. some of it is really useful, too. i have a plastic cube on my desk that demonstrates like 40 different injection molding features which is great for teaching. and i got this floppy circle made out of some dupont sticky miracle rubber that is amazing for opening stuck jars.

best computer swag i got was a little elastic -powered foam rocket with the ATI logo on it from i think macworld 2003.

is that the protomold/protolabs one? that thing is rockin

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

OldAlias posted:

at a used clothing store I found a crummy T-shirt that said “I GIS’d my pants” with a point, line and polygon on it. but im guessing it was from local user group.

otherwise Microsoft’s stuff manages to be super tasteless, last I saw was bright foam mesh trucker hats and neon plastic glasses

last MS thing I went to they had black tshirts with white text "I see dev people"
not only is that an incredibly old ref, it's neither relevant nor funny/cute, and even misses out the only interesting part of the original ref!

at least they also had polo shirts that just had the Azure logo on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
that could be a really clever reference at the right conference

but not at an event where everyone present knows that they're developers