Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
something about canadian legal scholars' engagement of sovereigns rubs me the wrong way. There's a lot of idle bemusement, with neither condemnation nor any deep inquiry into causes. It's become a low-effort way to get an article published.

though it's an improvement on the SPLC's approach, which was counter-reactionary panic ("three million anti-government extremists!!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
here's a take: sovereigns understand history better than they are given credit for, and in many cases better than the legal experts who denounce them :colbert:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Eat This Glob posted:

seriously? gross. I thought they literally meant reptiles. Was it dees who drew obama as some sort of reptilian? I thought I saw that at least once
yah you don't get to promote the protocols of zion, as icke does, and argue that you don't really mean jewz

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I don’t recall that William Cooper called out Jews in his writing, but his main source on the Illuminati, Myron Fagan, was antisemitic as gently caress

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
redemptionists are corncobs like no other

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

OldTennisCourt posted:

I also love the ones where they try to explain that literally every american has like 1 billion dollars in a super secret mega ultra double hidden bank account and all you have to do is write your name in all caps as well your date of birth and these magic words and you can pay your bills with your super secret billion dollar account.
it's called alienated labor :capitalism:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

OldTennisCourt posted:

What the ever living gently caress is pancreas denial

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
funny thing about the 9/11 conspiracy folks, the existence of video footage (of the WTC crashes) requires explanation, but its absence (at the Pentagon) somehow also requires explanation

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

quote:

I overheard that there were “Elv’s” in town today, with names like Flurry NoggenBeard, Thumbs Tinkerschidt, and Fruitacake SprinklePants. At Walmart, there were actually fake customers pointing at people in the store, and making bets as to which of the other shoppers in the store were “Elv’s”, and they were betting what the names of the Elv’s were, I heard “Crafty UnderBench”, “Polly IceSyckle”, and “Philly McToyStore” were among the most popular wagers for those who were pointed out by the Walmart terror soldiers, as they hunted for outsiders to mark for the kill.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Can someone explain the weird Moorish offshoot of Sovereign Citizens? The weirdos that don't have any names, are somehow Moraccan citizens despite never setting foot there because somehow the US is property of Morocco or something?
It's a hustle that crooks use for the purpose of fencing people's ID documents. As with the Nigerian prince scams, the hustle is intentionally so goofy and implausible that anyone who falls for it a little bit will fall all the way.

Gazpacho has issued a correction as of 02:28 on Feb 5, 2020

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

WEH posted:

Idk about the other poo poo but clothing is like the only thing that routinely survives plane crashes completely intact lol
- the flight recorders were recovered
- they aren't indestructible, nor would any crash investigator ever say so
- nobody involved in the flight 93 investigation ever claimed that the plane vaporized (because it didn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Lots of people who aren’t scientists nonetheless understand the process of igniting, ventilating and kindling a fire to make a hot fire

Gazpacho has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Sep 18, 2020